I wonder if there's any prospect of Robin Meade being picked up by either the Weather Channel or Newsy (soon to rebrand as Scripps News), which are both Atlanta-based.

While there are plenty of places she could potentially end up, I've read in the past that she wanted to be in Atlanta, so either of those channels might be a good move for both parties.

Someone has quickly uploaded the final 15 minutes of HLN's live output.

Makes for quite the teary ending to their 21 year run of Morning Express.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 5 users Like Newsroom's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, mouseboy33, TVFan

A masterpiece in signing off for Robin Meade this morning.

I still think it was a stupid move on CNN's part to end live news. Especially since they effectively gave up the headline news format to the likes of CBSN, Newsy, ABC NEws Live, NBC News Now etc. They should actually doubled down and reclaimed that spot and got rid of all the other fluff. But the channel was allowed to languish under Zucker that it back irrelevant. Maybe they should have relaunched it as a streaming channel? I dont know seems like a dumb move.
[-] The following 4 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, matthieu1221, sky303

Here's the full final show uploaded by HLN themselves.

www.youtube.com 

If CNN International wasn't 90% simulcasting , it'd would have been nice to have HLN and CNN International merge. Could have had Robin Meade's show be on both, would have been a better option than New Day and better for HLN. They could have saved costs too there. It's a shame they didn't think of that.

I'm sad Robin's show is gone, and Weekend Express too, they were great shows, I loved them. Morning Express was really the only morning show I could stand to watch. I hope Robin and everyone from the show end up landing in great spots. CNN was really dumb in just not moving Morning Express to CNN and just letting it stay the way it was and in Atlanta just on CNN instead of HLN.

Anyway it's a sad end to HLN which turned 40 this year.

(05-12-2022, 04:06 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  I still think it was a stupid move on CNN's part to end live news. Especially since they effectively gave up the headline news format to the likes of CBSN, Newsy, ABC NEws Live, NBC News Now etc. They should actually doubled down and reclaimed that spot and got rid of all the other fluff. But the channel was allowed to languish under Zucker that it back irrelevant. Maybe they should have relaunched it as a streaming channel? I dont know seems like a dumb move.
Yeah, instead of wasting money on CNN Plus they should have made a CNN live stream channel, they have a replay channel on Pluto that could have been the stepping stone. Have Robin Live, then have live hours at like noon, 4pmet, 7pmet, 11pmet, that repeat. Weekend Express on weekends and live weekend programming. A FAST channel would have been the smart thing.
[-] The following 5 users Like sky303's post:
  • bkman1990, EastCoast, Jeff, matthieu1221, mouseboy33

(05-12-2022, 11:58 PM)sky303 Wrote:  Here's the full final show uploaded by HLN themselves.

www.youtube.com 

If CNN International wasn't 90% simulcasting , it'd would have been nice to have HLN and CNN International merge. Could have had Robin Meade's show be on both, would have been a better option than New Day and better for HLN. They could have saved costs too there. It's a shame they didn't think of that.

I suspect it was thought of, but as always with these big corporations, there are internal politics at play that often prevent the common sense moves from being made.

Quote:I'm sad Robin's show is gone, and Weekend Express too, they were great shows, I loved them. Morning Express was really the only morning show I could stand to watch. I hope Robin and everyone from the show end up landing in great spots. CNN was really dumb in just not moving Morning Express to CNN and just letting it stay the way it was and in Atlanta just on CNN instead of HLN.

Anyway it's a sad end to HLN which turned 40 this year.

I'm surprised that the Morning Express format has never been copied here - it seems like it would have been perfect as a retooled Sky News Sunrise. I suppose the closest we got was when Sunrise was Eamonn Holmes and friends.

What a wonderful sign off. Even though, us CNNI viewers, could never get Morning Express or Robin, we knew this was a special place and that it had its dedicated viewers that continued tuning in, sometimes even in bigger numbers than at whatever mess CNN had in the mornings. It feels like the last authentic part of CNN Atlanta production is gone.

What a shame and what a waste. WBD management clearly doesn't care or know how to recognize talent and how to keep and protect it.
[-] The following 2 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, sky303

A classy and heartfelt ending to what was clearly an excellent morning show with an impressive 21-year run.

I like that the production team got lots of recognition as well as the on-air people.

I can see why the show wouldn't have worked on CNN, despite them never managing to find a format with the longevity of Morning Express. But I could definitely see the format and team being picked up by someone else.

(06-12-2022, 10:04 PM)mark Wrote:  I can see why the show wouldn't have worked on CNN, despite them never managing to find a format with the longevity of Morning Express. But I could definitely see the format and team being picked up by someone else.

NewsNation would be the obvious place for Morning Express to move to. NewsNation have their own imitation of the programme which doesn't quite work. You can't orchestrate the chemistry that Robin has with her team on-air.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, mark

Maybe, but a couple of problems. I dont think Robins wants to relocate back to Chicago after decades in the south, even thought she worked at the NBC Tower in the 90s. But also NewsNation turned out to be a partisan channel. The likely candidate its Newsy soon to be Scripps News, there are already 3 on-air CNN people working there and its based in Atlanta. David Briggs, Natalie Allen, Veronia De LaCruz.

EDIT: That CNN's Gary Tuchman's daughter on Morning Rush (Not Natalie Allen in Morning Rush, my mistake) Natalie handles the evening news programme. OOPS
[Image: p20797121_b_v9_ab.jpg?w=270&h=360?w=120]

Here is their Atlanta studio's (lit for the Election Coverage)
[Image: tempImageEKKZGv.jpg?format=750w]
[Image: tempImageMSXjPe.jpg?format=750w]
[Image: newsy+2.jpeg]
[Image: WXNNROOTGX2QZYJNQGD4SAU4U4.jpg]

Newsy is HQ'd in Atlanta but also has a large presence in Chicago with a big newsroom and studio
[Image: 02072022_why01_172906.jpg?d=768x576]
[-] The following 2 users Like mouseboy33's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite