BBC One Christmas 2023

There was one of those daytime home makeover shows circa 2004 which was made for both BBC1 and UK Horizons as well (I think it might have been called Real Rooms). Stood out due to being made in 4:3 when obviously nothing else new on BBC1 was by then.

(23-12-2023, 04:11 PM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Just been told this now, in February/March of this year BBC Three aired Big Zuu's Big Eats from Dave.
www.bbc.co.uk 

Indeed, and also from UKTV - Gold's Murder They Hope comedy films (starring Johnny Vegas and Sian Gibson) shown on BBC Two

I really wish the preview trailers they produce for upcoming programmes (whether the Christmas ones or the latest "Coming in 2024" one) would more explicitly refer to the fact that these are programmes to be found on both BBC One and not just BBC iPlayer. I know the latter is where the BBC is now driving audiences but it's almost as if they're embarrassed to do any promotion for BBC One itself. The 2024 one ends by suggesting all of these are iPlayer programmes with no reference to BBC One.
[-] The following 12 users Like Reith85's post:
  • ACTV, AJB39, Brekkie, ethanjbrady, interestednovice, JAS84, MLehon, Nobby, Roger Darthwell, TJTSW, Transmission, TVFan

Which implies that they're either not appearing on linear at all or only will months after being released on streaming, like Nolly on ITV. But that's not the case for any of those shows, is it?
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • interestednovice, Reith85

(30-12-2023, 09:01 PM)Reith85 Wrote:  I really wish the preview trailers they produce for upcoming programmes (whether the Christmas ones or the latest "Coming in 2024" one) would more explicitly refer to the fact that these are programmes to be found on both BBC One and not just BBC iPlayer. I know the latter is where the BBC is now driving audiences but it's almost as if they're embarrassed to do any promotion for BBC One itself. The 2024 one ends by suggesting all of these are iPlayer programmes with no reference to BBC One.

The Waterloo Road one says “Starts next Tuesday on BBC iPlayer”

Presumably because the young audience that watches Waterloo Road can’t possibly be watching old fashioned BBC One, that’s what their parents watch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • Gary Baldy

Is annoying, especially for live content where even if watchin via the iPlayer you'd likely have to go the channel tab anyway. Part of the reason I think that ultimately the iPlayer brand could be dropped so content is just promoted as on the "BBC" instead (that's a discussion that has developed in the BBC cuts thread).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • Reith85

(30-12-2023, 10:34 PM)Andrew Wrote:  The Waterloo Road one says “Starts next Tuesday on BBC iPlayer”

Presumably because the young audience that watches Waterloo Road can’t possibly be watching old fashioned BBC One, that’s what their parents watch

To be fair for WR, the entire series drops as a boxset in one go on the iPlayer next Tuesday so it does makes sense to push the iPlayer for that, but for the likes of EastEnders, it is weird how little they push that it airs on BBC One in trailers these days

So it'll be time to say goodbye to the Christmas idents tonight. BBC One's offerings this year weren't bad at all.

As for next year, surely Wallace and Gromit idents to coincide with the new episode?
[-] The following 2 users Like Argyess's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(31-12-2023, 02:56 PM)Argyess Wrote:  So it'll be time to say goodbye to the Christmas idents tonight. BBC One's offerings this year weren't bad at all.

As for next year, surely Wallace and Gromit idents to coincide with the new episode?

The way things are going it will be one Wallace and Gromit ident and everything will will reappear like Shaun the sheep etc
[-] The following 2 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • interestednovice, UTVLifer

(31-12-2023, 02:56 PM)Argyess Wrote:  So it'll be time to say goodbye to the Christmas idents tonight. BBC One's offerings this year weren't bad at all.

The main ident was just adorable to see. Anything with cats gets a plus in my book.
[-] The following 3 users Like Rex's post:
  • Argyess, interestednovice, UTVLifer