BBC One Christmas 2023

Pre-Christmas technically but it'll get the idents so it'll count but see Vigil is airing it's six part second series over two weeks beginning 10th Dec. That feels like a drama more suited to airing weekly.

Also the Vera Christmas special is being fast tracked to air in Australia on Sunday 17th December. Guessing they might get it first as can't see ITV airing in before then.

No sign of The Traitors as late as w/c 11 December even though it's been trailed for several weeks now. Is it going over Christmas or into the New Year?

(21-11-2023, 09:44 AM)Alessi Wrote:  The typo in the title of this thread is really bothering me!
Huh BBC One Christmas 2023. No typo there... wait, just saw the post subject is Re: BBC One Christmas 2003. They must've fixed it.

Well, that explains the Come Dancing joke, considering Strictly started in 2004.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Ma76, SlimyTrain

Has there been a Christmas press release from the BBC. I’m sure there’s usually one that details highlights across the channels. All I can see are little solo releases, such as Mary Berry, the Death in Paradise special and an interview with Cher.

(22-11-2023, 01:49 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  Has there been a Christmas press release from the BBC. I’m sure there’s usually one that details highlights across the channels. All I can see are little solo releases, such as Mary Berry, the Death in Paradise special and an interview with Cher.
Not yet - ITV did release their festive offerings - however the BBC will probably wait until closer to when they reveal the Christmas idents before releasing their preview of Christmas programming. 

BBC Media Centre is the best place to go to for any updates

(22-11-2023, 01:49 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  Has there been a Christmas press release from the BBC. I’m sure there’s usually one that details highlights across the channels. All I can see are little solo releases, such as Mary Berry, the Death in Paradise special and an interview with Cher.

As of yet, there hasn’t been a press release for the Christmas period - although with the release dates for TV listings magazines starting to get closer, I would imagine that they may put out a press release at the beginning of next week, if not a little earlier.

The BBC press pack will be released midnight 27th November so make that very early Tuesday.
[-] The following 3 users Like tellyblues's post:
  • fanoftv, JMT1985, Ma76

(22-11-2023, 02:39 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  The BBC press pack will be released midnight 27th November so make that very early Tuesday.

That will be a nice one too read, as there are some nice shows in there, which I look forward to see where they will be placed.

(22-11-2023, 05:53 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  That will be a nice one too read, as there are some nice shows in there, which I look forward to see where they will be placed.

Me too - I always check that press release as soon as it’s published to plan what to watch over the festive period - especially as it also confirms when certain shows will be broadcast.

Will that give us a clue as to which day the idents will drop? Its 33% chance of being right, I'm going with the Friday.