Sky Mix

Pick phased out of programming shortly before 6am this morning. Few promos, movie countdown filler, and now we're onto a loop of the same Sky Mix promo. It varies depending on which feed you're watching. On Freeview it mentions the new channel number 11. Everywhere else, it mentions the Sky channel number 151.

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueFrog's post:
  • interestednovice

Also on Virgin they haven’t updated the name (or logo) to Sky Mix yet it still shows as Pick on the EPG but they have moved E4 Extra to 144 already so maybe they’re working on it as we speak.

(18-10-2023, 08:08 AM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Also on Virgin they haven’t updated the name (or logo) to Sky Mix yet it still shows as Pick on the EPG but they have moved E4 Extra to 144 already so maybe they’re working on it as we speak.
On the Sky platform they generally do channel name changes on the EPG from 10:00 onwards. I suspect it will be done before the first programme at 11:00. They are only playing a promo loop at the moment.

(18-10-2023, 08:08 AM)Bennyboy84 Wrote:  Also on Virgin they haven’t updated the name (or logo) to Sky Mix yet it still shows as Pick on the EPG but they have moved E4 Extra to 144 already so maybe they’re working on it as we speak.

They've already done that having just checked Virgin TV Go. 

As for presentation, will be interesting to see what they go for. I still believe they will go for a minimal approach as far as idents go, the presentation for Mix is good
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rex's post:
  • Stuart

(18-10-2023, 09:18 AM)Stuart Wrote:  On the Sky platform they generally do channel name changes on the EPG from 10:00 onwards. I suspect it will be done before the first programme at 11:00. They are only playing a promo loop at the moment.
EDIT: The name has changed on the Sky EPG, but it's not HD, and there isn't an HD version in the 800s either.

Just caught the launch of Sky Mix, first ident looks very polished and nice for a Freeview channel. Had the stylised "screens" from the logo spinning around to show different aerial shots of different scenes, such as police cars, a canyon with a plane flying by, a flamingo flying in the jungle, and a train riding through a snowy forest.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • interestednovice

The launch ident - theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 6 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, fanoftv, interestednovice, orange, RhysJR, Stuart

(18-10-2023, 10:01 AM)Rex Wrote:  As for presentation, will be interesting to see what they go for. I still believe they will go for a minimal approach as far as idents go, the presentation for Mix is good
Sky Mix vanished from the EPG earlier, and eventually returned as Sky Mix HD. So it is certainly FTA.

The first ident was rather nice. An aerial view of buildings then the spinning rectangle to form up the logo. Not bad at all for a free channel.

EDIT: Andrew has kindly provided a recording.

(18-10-2023, 11:05 AM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  The launch ident - theident.gallery 

I love the new ident already. It's very polished as expected from Sky. The changing scenes on the "screens" is a nice idea, represents the channel's name and programming well.
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • bkman1990, Stuart

Not keen on ident was hoping they be like sky max