What is the longest running single title sequence?

It's a shame the titles for the GN Show were ultimately butchered, because they were really good. Graham's talk shows were usually blessed with good theme tunes and title sequences.

Surely The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air must be up there with the longest title sequence?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Larry the Loafer's post:
  • fanoftv

(28-10-2023, 08:54 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It's a shame the titles for the GN Show were ultimately butchered, because they were really good. Graham's talk shows were usually blessed with good theme tunes and title sequences.
Yes and even the dolls that appear in the sequence were once on the set behind him. 

He did actually have to be lowered into water to make the titles. Here's a video showing how it was made:
youtu.be 
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • AndrewP, Si-Co, Stuart

EastEnders came to mind. Although receiving a few adjustments over the years, its theme song and visuals have remained largely the same.
[-] The following 2 users Like TheFullElectro's post:
  • AndrewP, Reith85

TV-am’s Good Morning Britain opening titles pretty much stayed the same through the broadcaster’s entire history - save for minor changes like reversing/not reversing some of the footage.

The original watercolour ident for TV-am was changed to a CG ident in the later years of the station though.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Apart from changes to the animations representing events in the news, hasn't the title sequence for Have I Got News For You remained pretty identical in style and execution since the end of its first series in 1990 / 1991? (It had slightly different music for the majority of its first series in 1990.)

www.youtube.com 

Emmerdale's current titles have lasted the longest out of all the title sequences they've had in the past, lasting from the 30th May 2011 to present day.

(28-10-2023, 09:03 PM)TheFullElectro Wrote:  EastEnders came to mind. Although receiving a few adjustments over the years, its theme song and visuals have remained largely the same.
They've constantly updated the visuals after colourising the map quite early on, and also to reflect large buildings such as the Millennium Dome and the Olympic Park being built.

Although the theme music is basically the same, it's been reworked a number of times. In 1993 they tried a 'Jazzy Theme' which I rather liked, but it upset some people so they tried another version of it, but I don't think that lasted long either.

I don't know what they use these days because I've probably not watched it for 30 years. Tongue

www.youtube.com 

www.youtube.com 

(28-10-2023, 08:54 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  It's a shame the titles for the GN Show were ultimately butchered, because they were really good. Graham's talk shows were usually blessed with good theme tunes and title sequences.

Surely The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air must be up there with the longest title sequence?
The show didn't run for 20 years, so absolutely not. That's the benchmark to beat, as the first post mentions Homes Under The Hammer, which has lasted that long without ever changing it (and it's long overdue a change as it features now out-of-date banknote designs).

(28-10-2023, 09:46 PM)callumwatchestelly Wrote:  Emmerdale's current titles have lasted the longest out of all the title sequences they've had in the past, lasting from the 30th May 2011 to present day.

Only if you don't count the Emmerdale Farm era, as the third set of titles lasted for 14 years from 1975 to 1989.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

It's another one that's had modifications over the years, but Only Connect has had the same title sequence since it started 15 years ago.