ITV Programming

Although it might be loss making in its own right. It probably bought more than a Million pounds of publicity for ITV and probably got lots of people to open the ITV X app who wouldn’t have normally. I wouldn’t be surprised if long term it’s it made ITV more money that it’s cost them.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Brekkie, Stuart

(Yesterday, 07:55 PM)Jon Wrote:  Although it might be loss making in its own right. It probably bought more than a Million pounds of publicity for ITV and probably got lots of people to open the ITV X app who wouldn’t have normally. I wouldn’t be surprised if long term it’s it made ITV more money that it’s cost them.

It's a loss leader for ITV but they have a lot of programmes which more than wash their face both here and internationally so overall, it's a good result.

I suspect Mr Bates will break even or make a bit of profit but nothing on the scale of something like Vera or Grace.

Talking of dramas which bring the money in has there been anymore on the reports a couple of months back of a new Downton Abbey series being filmed. It doesn't seem it was denied or corrected to being the filming of another film.

(Yesterday, 10:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Talking of dramas which bring the money in has there been anymore on the reports a couple of months back of a new Downton Abbey series being filmed. It doesn't seem it was denied or corrected to being the filming of another film.

I suspect it's a third film, Universal makes more money with a film because it's fairly cheap and it will make decent profit.

I know it's not a unique occurence, but still had a double take seeing BBC One's Shetland airing on ITV3 tomorrow.

www.tvguide.co.uk 

(Yesterday, 11:36 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  I know it's not a unique occurence, but still had a double take seeing BBC One's Shetland airing on ITV3 tomorrow.

www.tvguide.co.uk 

It’s made by Silverprint Pictures part of ITV Studios, so that’s probably why.

(Yesterday, 10:14 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Talking of dramas which bring the money in has there been anymore on the reports a couple of months back of a new Downton Abbey series being filmed. It doesn't seem it was denied or corrected to being the filming of another film.

Imelda Staunton and Jim Carter have both stated publicly that it’s a third movie rather than a series, that it’s being shot this summer, and that it will be the definitive ending (until Julian Fellowes decides to write more!)
[-] The following 2 users Like Flux's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

Thanks - a third movie always seemed much more likely. I think if it returned to TV it would either have to be a prequel or set a generation or two on rather than a continuation of the series and filmed.