ITV Programming

Back in the day they at least tried, whilst Plebs did it's job for ITV2. To be fair ITVX have really invested in comedy in the last 18 months - just don't think holding it back from broadcast for up to a year means it makes maximum impact, but that is a strategy that is changing. G'Wed aired just weeks later on ITVX. Was odd though just to air the premiere on ITVX one random Saturday when it could easily have slotted into the weekly schedule.

(02-04-2024, 07:20 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Back in the day they at least tried, whilst Plebs did it's job for ITV2. To be fair ITVX have really invested in comedy in the last 18 months - just don't think holding it back from broadcast for up to a year means it makes maximum impact, but that is a strategy that is changing. G'Wed aired just weeks later on ITVX. Was odd though just to air the premiere on ITVX one random Saturday when it could easily have slotted into the weekly schedule.

The full series did air on ITV2 (stripped across the week of 26th Feb).

Damn autocorrect - swear that said ITV2 and ITV1 when I typed it.

Given there’s no sign of BGT on the 13th April, I wonder if they will be showing auditions episodes on Saturdays and Sundays for a couple of weeks, given that they’d probably want the live shows to be the same week as half term.

ITV1 using films to fill the breakfast airtime this weekend must be a first?

(03-04-2024, 03:08 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  Given there’s no sign of BGT on the 13th April, I wonder if they will be showing auditions episodes on Saturdays and Sundays for a couple of weeks, given that they’d probably want the live shows to be the same week as half term.

I think they have done Saturday and Sunday editions before, so no surprises here. We all know BGT runs up to around the week of the late May bank holiday which is usually when they have the lives shows.

I thought I'd posted this yesterday, but obviously not - a pilot for a Phillip Schofield chat show in the ITV 5pm slot...

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Otis Crump's post:
  • bax, cando

And filmed on the Loose Women set of the time!

I’m not sure how recent this change has been, but I’ve noticed in the schedule an increase of hours for Unwind with ITV on 2, 3, 4 and Be and Teleshopping being reduced to a mere half hour between 5:30 and 6:00am, or 7:00am in Be’s case.

I don’t know how successful Teleshopping is, or ever has been. Whether this is a permanent change but I’m surprised its dominance overnight has lasted so long.

(07-04-2024, 09:50 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  I’m not sure how recent this change has been, but I’ve noticed in the schedule an increase of hours for Unwind with ITV on 2, 3, 4 and Be and Teleshopping being reduced to a mere half hour between 5:30 and 6:00am, or 7:00am in Be’s case.

I don’t know how successful Teleshopping is, or ever has been. Whether this is a permanent change but I’m surprised its dominance overnight has lasted so long.
It changed at the start of this week. Teleshopping usually stops over Christmas, but I think this is the first time it’s been cutback outside of that period.