ITV Programming

Weekly releases are a tactic to reduce churn. 'Binge and bail' is an increasing problem for streamers and so weekly releases keep subscriptions active for longer.

I think it will be a tactic that we see employed increasingly.

(30-04-2024, 12:31 AM)eyeTV Wrote:  Weekly releases are a tactic to reduce churn. 'Binge and bail' is an increasing problem for streamers and so weekly releases keep subscriptions active for longer.

I think it will be a tactic that we see employed increasingly.

I do get this logic, but if you have limited funds or just no desire to stick around - surely you'd still 'binge and bail' but just during the week the final episode drops?

(30-04-2024, 01:36 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I do get this logic, but if you have limited funds or just no desire to stick around - surely you'd still 'binge and bail' but just during the week the final episode drops?

Some people will be savvy and/or happy to wait to save on subscription, but not everyone. Anyone trying to avoid spoilers, or wanting to keep up with their friends’ discussion, or just eager to watch at a live pace will choose to watch weekly and fork out.

(29-04-2024, 07:05 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Disney + have most of the series as weekly releases.
The important part is that I get to decide when I watch them. Waiting until they're all released isn't an issue for me.

BGT and The 1% Club won’t air on 11th May to avoid a clash with Eurovision; BGT will air on 12th May at 7.40pm instead.

Last year they showed Jurassic World in its slot, from memory.

(01-05-2024, 04:01 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  BGT and The 1% Club won’t air on 11th May to avoid a clash with Eurovision; BGT will air on 12th May at 7.40pm instead.

Last year they showed Jurassic World in its slot, from memory.

Doesn't the 1% Club end soon anyway? BGT of course will not go up against Eurovision, just plain common sense from ITV.

Yes, it's the 10th episode on Saturday which I think is the last of the block, though wouldn't be surprised if they put repeat episodes in the slot after. What are they airing on Eurovision night?

They recorded 16 episodes of The 1% Club I think so if they were going to split them then it would’ve made sense to have do so after episode 8.

And FWIW, BGT has only moved to accommodate Eurovision in 2014, 2023 and 2024.

Password must surely be close to starting soon.

What do ITV have for Saturday nights after BGT ends apart from some Euro matches?

(01-05-2024, 06:52 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  They recorded 16 episodes of The 1% Club I think so if they were going to split them then it would’ve made sense to have do so after episode 8.

And FWIW, BGT has only moved to accommodate Eurovision in 2014, 2023 and 2024.

Is that why the latest episode had a touch more explanation than the previous episodes (and with some shots looking slightly different too)?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • Brekkie