ITV Programming

(08-04-2023, 10:35 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  I would imagine that them being in the breakfast timeslot means their ratings were pretty low. Any way we can find out for sure?

Yes, they've been very much in graveyard slots for sometime, and though I do think omnibuses have a place in this world of boxsetting perhaps linear isn't the best way to deliver them.   Indeed I think the quick turnaround repeats of individual episodes suit linear better.    The trouble for ITV was they always sat a bit too old for ITV2, too new for ITV3 - though considering ITV2 mainly replaced them with reruns of ITV gameshows they're still have been targetting a similar audience around lunchtime, though the slot has gone from 3 hours to 1 hour now.

I don't think ITV publish an advance schedule for their signed channel on ITVX but simulcasting the soaps really would be a huge step up in offering that service. Just hope they don't ditch the signed soap episodes completely.

Perhaps ITV Be would've been more suitable then.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • AJB39, DeMarkay

ITV chucking more presenters at the weekend breakfast slots, with Oti Mabuse's Breakfast Show and Laura Whitmore's Breakfast Show both starting next weekend. Those slots are like revolving doors - no presenter seems to return to the slot now after their first series has ended.

Do these tick some box - independently production probably? I can't see them being particularly more profitable than an hour of CITV being simulcast.

(12-04-2023, 08:20 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do these tick some box - independently production probably?  I can't see them being particularly more profitable than an hour of CITV being simulcast.

They’re both a Cactus TV production…

(12-04-2023, 08:20 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Do these tick some box - independently production probably?  I can't see them being particularly more profitable than an hour of CITV being simulcast.

I liked Weekend with Aled Jones- it was Lorraine in all but name.

(12-04-2023, 09:34 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  

I liked Weekend with Aled Jones- it was Lorraine in all but name.

Lorraine Kelly playing the part of Aled Jones?
[-] The following 7 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • chris, DE88, Joe, LouBlu08, RhysJR, Spencer, UTVLifer

I noticed the studio of Laura Whitmore’s breakfast show is similar to Garraway’s Good Stuff set?

(07-05-2023, 08:32 AM)Superman1986 Wrote:  I noticed the studio of Laura Whitmore’s breakfast show is similar to Garraway’s Good Stuff set?

They always have a similar vibe with the brick background. I think Zoe Ball on Saturday/Sunday had that style first and the following reincarnations have used sets that are very similar (with the exception of Martin & Roman’s show).
[-] The following 2 users Like fanoftv's post:
  • Superman1986, UTVLifer

www.tvzoneuk.com 

ITV will broadcast highlights from Capital FM’s concerts this year.
[-] The following 3 users Like iloveTV1's post:
  • Happy2001, London Lite, LouBlu08