ITV Programming

(18-05-2023, 04:35 PM)iloveTV1 Wrote:  www.tvzoneuk.com 

ITV will broadcast highlights from Capital FM’s concerts this year.

Interesting considering Sky aired the highlights of the Summertime Ball/Jingle Bell Ball as recent as last year.

Completely different I know, but I've wondered before whether in this world of media group consolidation, Global and ITV would be a decent match if merged.
[-] The following 3 users Like steve's post:
  • ACTV, alfiejmulcahy, Roger Darthwell

This is very exciting news, looking forward to seeing this on screen in June!

They do seem to have a good relationship between the companies - did the Ukraine concert last year and think the Love Island podcast is hosted on the Global Player.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay

Harry Potter returning to ITV with a deal that also let's the films stream on ITVX. Begins mid-2023 so guess we'll be back to them airing in the summer and over Christmas.

Quote:ITV Renews ‘Harry Potter’ Deal With WBD

The Harry Potter film franchise is remaining on ITV in the UK. The network has struck a deal that for the first time gives it free-to-air and catch-up rights for streamer ITVX for the eight Harry Potter movies, plus Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Also included is the UK network premiere of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, which will run on the main ITV networks before being made available on ITVX. Securing streaming rights has become a priority for ITV, especially since the late 2022 launch and early growth of ITVX. The new deal runs from mid-2023 to the end of 2025.

deadline.com 

(23-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Harry Potter returning to ITV with a deal that also let's the films stream on ITVX. Begins mid-2023 so guess we'll be back to them airing in the summer and over Christmas.

Quote:ITV Renews ‘Harry Potter’ Deal With WBD

The Harry Potter film franchise is remaining on ITV in the UK. The network has struck a deal that for the first time gives it free-to-air and catch-up rights for streamer ITVX for the eight Harry Potter movies, plus Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. Also included is the UK network premiere of Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore, which will run on the main ITV networks before being made available on ITVX. Securing streaming rights has become a priority for ITV, especially since the late 2022 launch and early growth of ITVX. The new deal runs from mid-2023 to the end of 2025.

deadline.com 

I'm not sure where they've got the idea that they've "renewed" the deal, as it has most recently been on Sky Movies.

(23-05-2023, 11:53 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Harry Potter returning to ITV with a deal that also let's the films stream on ITVX. Begins mid-2023 so guess we'll be back to them airing in the summer and over Christmas.

deadline.com 

I'm not sure where they've got the idea that they've "renewed" the deal, as it has most recently been on Sky Movies.

Presumably those were subscription rights. I pretty sure the films were shown again on ITV fairly recently.

They're on Netflix as of last week and are currently dominating 8 of the top 10 slots for its most watched films.

(23-05-2023, 11:53 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 11:40 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  Harry Potter returning to ITV with a deal that also let's the films stream on ITVX.  Begins mid-2023 so guess we'll be back to them airing in the summer and over Christmas.

deadline.com 

Sky Movies hasn't existed for years. I think you mean Sky Cinema.

Perhaps technically it is a renewal as there hasn't been another free to air contract in place in the meantime, so possibly the FTA contract also states that whilst you can't broadcast it for a period at the end of it, nobody else can broadcast it for free too - which I guess increases the value of the contract. TBH though it's been quite nice for ITV not to have Harry Potter to fall back on and broadcast a slightly wider range of films.

I assume this doesn't affect any subscription contracts in place - though as such whether the films can be add free on ITVX Premium or if they have to take breaks to air promos due to "contract requirements" I'm not sure. Does that apply to films as well as TV programmes?

(23-05-2023, 09:17 PM)gottago Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 11:53 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I'm not sure where they've got the idea that they've "renewed" the deal, as it has most recently been on Sky Movies.

Presumably those were subscription rights. I pretty sure the films were shown again on ITV fairly recently.

They're on Netflix as of last week and are currently dominating 8 of the top 10 slots for its most watched films.

Sky had the Sky Cinema Harry Potter channel a few months ago, and on demand until the end of February. Whilst they're on Sky, they're not on ITV, as far as I can recall.

(23-05-2023, 09:36 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(23-05-2023, 11:53 AM)bilky asko Wrote:  I'm not sure where they've got the idea that they've "renewed" the deal, as it has most recently been on Sky Movies.

Sky Movies hasn't existed for years. I think you mean Sky Cinema.

A slip of the tongue. Now I must write a shopping list for my trip to Bejam tomorrow.
[-] The following 2 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • DeMarkay, London Lite