ITV Programming

No it isn't. It's just the only one other than STV to use it's own branding on networked shows (well, I guess UTV would too, but they never make networked programmes) - other regions use ITV Studios or one of several other labels ITV has launched over the years. Corrie is made by ITV Granada, Emmerdale by ITV Yorkshire, but both have the same ITV Studios endcap. The same would be true of shows made by ITV Central, ITV Anglia, etc.

(10-03-2023, 12:35 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  No it isn't. It's just the only one other than STV to use it's own branding on networked shows (well, I guess UTV would too, but they never make networked programmes) - other regions use ITV Studios or one of several other labels ITV has launched over the years. Corrie is made by ITV Granada, Emmerdale by ITV Yorkshire, but both have the same ITV Studios endcap. The same would be true of shows made by ITV Central, ITV Anglia, etc.
There is actually a bit of difference.

ITV Studios is very much a separate entity to the ITV regions, which now primarily work on news production only.
While Emmerdale & Calendar might be in the same building, one is very much part of ITV Studios and managed through them, the other is managed through the ITV News Group (it may not be called that anymore). Beyond the canteen (and maybe some IT support) they are pretty much a different company.

Whereas at ITV Cymru Wales the people making these commissions are the same people who are making the 'non-news' programmes for ITV1 in Wales. They all sit in the same office (including news), use the same edit suites, have the same manager who is in Cardifff.
[-] The following 4 users Like newsjunkie's post:
  • DE88, GMc, Ma76, UTVLifer

From this week, the Emmerdale and Coronation Street omnibuses have both been dropped from ITV2 and 3, meaning that there are no longer any repeats of current day episodes, with ITVX being the only option available.
[-] The following 7 users Like TVFan's post:
  • Brekkie, DE88, Happy2001, Reith85, Spencer, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(07-04-2023, 06:30 PM)TVFan Wrote:  From this week, the Emmerdale and Coronation Street omnibuses have both been dropped from ITV2 and 3, meaning that there are no longer any repeats of current day episodes, with ITVX being the only option available.
I guess that does make sense. If you’re a big fan of a soap, so much that you don’t want to miss an episode, you’ll probably have it on series link to record, or use a catch-up/streaming service.

The idea of having to wait until an omnibus episode airs to catch up is a bit redundant now. And the number of people who choose to watch all the episodes in one go must be low these days now they’re on for so long. I couldn’t imagine sitting through nearly three hours of a soap in one sitting.
[-] The following 2 users Like Spencer's post:
  • DE88, Stuart

What about the signed overnight versions which presumably goes some distance to meet the quotas, though I don't think OFCOM specifies it has to be new content (C5 still use programmes from the 90s in their signed slot).

The omnibus is the original box setting really and when people watch 4-5 hour long eps of a drama back to back in a single setting then 3 hours of soaps isn't too much, and arguably easier than committing to half an hour a day.

(07-04-2023, 07:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What about the signed overnight versions which presumably goes some distance to meet the quotas, though I don't think OFCOM specifies it has to be new content (C5 still use programmes from the 90s in their signed slot).

Wow. You mentioning that made me go on to the Channel 5 website to check this... and they're STILL showing House Doctor overnight with BSL. That's got to have been on in that slot for, what, close to 20 years? Absolutely mad.

(07-04-2023, 07:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  The omnibus is the original box setting really and when people watch 4-5 hour long eps of a drama back to back in a single setting then 3 hours of soaps isn't too much, and arguably easier than committing to half an hour a day.

I suppose the omnibus is pretty much obsolete now. It's much easier, I'd imagine, to just bingewatch the week's episodes on ITVX, rather than waiting for an omnibus on ITV2.

(07-04-2023, 07:58 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  What about the signed overnight versions which presumably goes some distance to meet the quotas, though I don't think OFCOM specifies it has to be new content (C5 still use programmes from the 90s in their signed slot). 

The omnibus is the original box setting really and when people watch 4-5 hour long eps of a drama back to back in a single setting then 3 hours of soaps isn't too much, and arguably easier than committing to half an hour a day.
If the viewing figures (which I’ve not seen) back this up, it’d be an odd move to axe them.

I would imagine that them being in the breakfast timeslot means their ratings were pretty low. Any way we can find out for sure?

In with a Shout only just started but already have a fundamental flaw with it- Joel said “welcome to my new show”… why say *my* new show? Game shows should be about the contestants….. he should’ve said “welcome to a new show” or “welcome to the new show”.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • Superman1986

I couldn't get over how reminiscent the set was of the short-lived series The Colour of Money. Kept expecting Chris Tarrant to come out and say "I start it - you stop it!"

EDIT: I didn't understand the idea behind having two team members playing the final round; just meant they ended up shouting different things over each other. Annoying for the viewer but must make it harder for the team making the programme to verify whether a right answer was given, too. Strange choice.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • DE88