Christmas TV

Quite interesting that the rights to Home Alone 2 have gone to ITV. They're showing that on Christmas Eve with Channel 4 showing the original on Christmas Day. So you'd have to watch it backwards...!
[-] The following 5 users Like RDJ's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, Happy2001, Quantum+83, UTVLifer

I think Home Alone 1 or 2 has been a staple of Christmas Day on C4 for quite some time now, but odds the rights have been split.

I did give the new one ago on Disney+ a couple of weeks ago - I think I just about made it past 15 minutes before watching something else.

Big change for the C4 Christmas Day schedule then. They've shown Home Alone 2 at around 5.30pm on Christmas Day every year for the last 5 years.

So having to revert to Home Alone this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • AJB39, arbrax

Celebrity Escape to the Country feels like a waste of the 6.45pm slot between Christmas and New Year. The Weakest Link has been in that slot the last couple of years and rated very well.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • ACTV, eyeTV, Jeff

(05-12-2023, 08:27 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Celebrity Escape to the Country feels like a waste of the 6.45pm slot between Christmas and New Year.  The Weakest Link has been in that slot the last couple of years and rated very well.

The BBC seems very fond of putting daytime shows in primetime slots as of late but I really can't see Escape to The Country working in a primetime slot, whether it's with celebrities or not. There are some exceptions to the rule, The Repair Shop has worked very well in the evenings, but I'm not sure if Garden Rescue or Make It At Market can be classed as especially strong primetime pullers. They are probably still doing better than Survivor, mind.

How long now until "Celebrity Homes Under the Hammer"?

It's already happened last month for Homes Under The Hammer's 20th anniversary
[-] The following 2 users Like excel99's post:
  • Happy2001, Pips2022

I thought with them getting the original Ghostbusters films from last year that the BBC were hunting Ghostbusters: Afterlife for 2023 but they've managed to get the 2016 reboot, to be shown at 10:55pm on New Year's Day. Big Grin

(06-12-2023, 07:10 AM)tellyblues Wrote:  I thought with them getting the original Ghostbusters films from last year that the BBC were hunting Ghostbusters: Afterlife for 2023 but they've managed to get the 2016 reboot, to be shown at 10:55pm on New Year's Day. Big Grin
That will be one to miss then...

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • Pips2022

Seems Die Hard is another series where the films are showing all over the place.

Die Hard 2 - Dec 13th, BBC1
Die Hard with a Vengeance - Dec 19th, ITV1
Die Hard - Dec 23rd, Channel 4
[-] The following 2 users Like tellyblues's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001

Christmas schedules pretty terrible away from the main days.

ITV repeating My Mum Your Dad in double bills after the late news between Christmas & New Year is a low. Can't they just put a film on?