Christmas TV

They're only Best Before, not Use By. Still safe to eat six months later even though they would be "expired" by then!

I would assume that much like magazines, the lead times for Christmas products for retailers is months before so if they start selling them in November then it would have started testing it a bit earlier than July.

I did think the anticlimax of Davina McCall being told, that M&S had accepted her lingerie proposal was funny because clearly it wouldn't have been on camera if she'd been turned down.

Not TV but Christmas Radio, I take it that the majority of radio shows on Christmas Day are pre-records? Or are there people turning up on the big BBC, Global, Bauer stations to present their shows live?

(22-12-2023, 05:03 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Not TV but Christmas Radio, I take it that the majority of radio shows on Christmas Day are pre-records? Or are there people turning up on the big BBC, Global, Bauer stations to present their shows live?

I can confirm (from a Global perspective) most shows are pre-recorded and some are live. I’ll be producing in the studio at Capital XTRA and LBC from tomorrow until next Friday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DeMarkay's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Looking at the Christmas Day schedule I notice the absence of Top of the Pops, after decades of appearing. Had it finally been axed?

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(22-12-2023, 07:42 PM)Keith Wrote:  Looking at the Christmas Day schedule I notice the absence of Top of the Pops, after decades of appearing. Had it finally been axed?

Yes, there was no Christmas Day TOTP last year either. I assume this is partly due to budget cuts. Like last year there is a Review of the Year featuring repeat BBC music performances.

The Would I Lie to You Christmas special is on, and for the first time since Covid began the teams are back to sitting behind a desk together rather than on separate ones individually.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(22-12-2023, 05:03 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Not TV but Christmas Radio, I take it that the majority of radio shows on Christmas Day are pre-records? Or are there people turning up on the big BBC, Global, Bauer stations to present their shows live?

Most of Radio 1's output on Christmas Day including all shows from 13:00 onwards is already on BBC Sounds:

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Omnipresent's post:
  • Toby brown

A repeat earlier tonight of "Victoria Wood With All The Trimmings", taking a pop at the BBC's multichannel strategy of the early 2000s with 7 digital channels: BBC Backstage, BBC Downmarket, BBC Upmarket, BBC Newmarket, BBC Makeover, BBC Takeover and BBC Good Old Days.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 5 users Like Omnipresent's post:
  • chevron, Nobby, Pips2022, RhysJR, Tim G

Not forgetting the mini-dig viewer's choice micro-channels: Wartime, Daytime, Teatime, Braindead and Knitwear.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • Tim G