I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023

I agree, I personally have lost interest in the series tbh, its become boring and predictable and we need fresh ideas.

Personally, I think they should look at shortening the show by a week, so its on for two weeks and there are no late arrivals, I personally also would have survival trials, so celebrities would leave if they dont complete it for example, I think that would up the ante.

If they made these changes, I think the series might get some more interest, but for me it feels stale and it definitely needs updating.

(30-11-2023, 02:21 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Hang on, sorry if I am reading this right, correct me if I am wrong, I'm A Celebrity was on air in 2020 and 2021

Lets be fair 2020 and 2021 was set in damp, cold and VERY VERY Dark caslte in Wales, and didn't have any of the glamour of aussie.

When the series returned last years it was because it been seen in 3 years.

(04-12-2023, 12:23 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I personally also would have survival trials, so celebrities would leave if they dont complete it for example, I think that would up the ante.

Everyone would just fail on purpose, apart from those doing it for the exposure rather than the money. You be left with just the token YouTuber who'd win by default.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko, Jon

(04-12-2023, 12:23 PM)ConorW2000 Wrote:  I agree, I personally have lost interest in the series tbh, its become boring and predictable and we need fresh ideas.

Personally, I think they should look at shortening the show by a week, so its on for two weeks and there are no late arrivals, I personally also would have survival trials, so celebrities would leave if they dont complete it for example, I think that would up the ante.

If they made these changes, I think the series might get some more interest, but for me it feels stale and it definitely needs updating.
So you’d make the show more expensive to make (per episode) and make it more likely viewers favourites will leave earlier?

Personal opinion: I think the ratings dip may not be as big a deal as the press are making. Is it possible more people are watching through itvx and on catch up and we will see higher consolidated ratings, just like this years big brother? Also think the rain for the first 2 weeks may have drawn a few celebrities to leave earlier than normal.

The consolidated ratings are down about 3m too.

That said it's not necessarily as big a deal as some make out - 2021 was similarly down then 2022 bounced back.

Let's be real, ITV aren't going to cancel IAC anytime soon. It still draws in a lot of 16-34s

Other shows have been axed even after claims of bringing in a good number of 16-34s. Not that IAC will be though because it still attracts a substantial number of 35+ viewers who make up the majority.

I’ve generally watched im a celeb every year, its provided a welcome addition to my tv viewing, especially when it comes at a time of year when most of us are probably staying in doors anyway due to the not-so-nice British weather at this time of year. However, this is the first series where i’ve tuned out from watching the programme to conclusion: only 30 years old, so hardly young or super old, but the only person in this camp i know this year was Farage, literally everyone else is an unknown, and thats concerning really.

I looked back on previous series, and the pattern i was seeing in the celeb choices was that i’d recognise at least 4-5 of the celebrities in some form [usually because of tv appearances]. If a series can invite that many well known celebrities, then for me that makes the series a strong ratings puller, but if the only person you can get on a series is a controversial politician, who only become recent to people this year as a result of the stupid de-banking scandal he himself generated [excluding his Brexit referendum from 2016], then its a pretty weak line up of celebrities.

And i hope itv knock off this idea of inviting youtubers to the series. They’re not celebrities, unless they’re people like Dan Middleton who are very well known and have been on the news several times. I use youtube a lot, and have done since 2009, but I have never heard of Nella Rose, and her youtube channel is literally dead lol [the last upload was more than 2 years ago, she seems to be more active on instagram but she only has a million followers there]. If itv wants [what i’m going to call] influencers on the show, it needs to go with people who are likely to be actually known to a relatively large audience, and not niche random people most of us probably have never heard of.

(05-12-2023, 11:53 AM)SuperSajuuk Wrote:  And i hope itv knock off this idea of inviting youtubers to the series. They’re not celebrities, unless they’re people like Dan Middleton who are very well known and have been on the news several times. I use youtube a lot, and have done since 2009, but I have never heard of Nella Rose, and her youtube channel is literally dead lol [the last upload was more than 2 years ago, she seems to be more active on instagram but she only has a million followers there]. If itv wants [what i’m going to call] influencers on the show, it needs to go with people who are likely to be actually known to a relatively large audience, and not niche random people most of us probably have never heard of.
Quickly searching for Nella's YouTube channel she has around 800K-ish followers. Whilst that's an reasonable amount it's eclipsed by the likes of Colin Furze who as 12.6M followers (and a very tolerant other half for letting him dig tunnels around the outside of their house), but perhaps not the desired demographic for ITV1.

I dare say that resorting to social media stars is perhaps a sign of how times have changed. Previously people's careers tended to start on Children's TV, but with the decline of that over the past couple decades social media is probably the modern equivalent.

In terms of this series I had been watching most of this series, though have missed a few and not bothered watching on catchup.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • SuperSajuuk