I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023

The Dinosaur Hour would have been on at 9pm, so they’d have seen the first hour.

Knowing that most their audience would be watching ITV 1, it seemed to be a bottle episode just featuring a discussion with some bloke called Rob Schneider, which is name I’m sure most have heard of before but other than that have no idea who he is.

(20-11-2023, 12:02 AM)Nobby Wrote:  Looks like Extra Camp is on GBNews this year.

Of course, the people on air will have been on air since 21:00 so they won't have actually had the chance to watch the ITV1 programme.

It's good that they haven't let that stop them commenting on it though.

Not having seen something doesn't stop them commenting on most things Tongue

(20-11-2023, 12:16 AM)Jon Wrote:  Knowing that most their audience would be watching ITV 1, it seemed to be a bottle episode just featuring a discussion with some bloke called Rob Schneider, which is name I’m sure most have heard of before but other than that have no idea who he is.

Presumably not the same Rob Schneider who palyed the bellboy in Home Alone 2...

(20-11-2023, 12:31 AM)James2001 Wrote:  Presumably not the same Rob Schneider who palyed the bellboy in Home Alone 2...
Apparently so. Sounds like you’d have enjoyed it.

(19-11-2023, 08:43 PM)Larry the Loafer Wrote:  I don't know whether it's just my Twitter feed but I'm seeing a lot more hostility towards ITV and Ant & Dec this year compared to when Hancock was announced last year, with a lot of talk about boycotting the series. No idea if it's just a loud minority, but I do feel like ITV are playing with fire a little bit this year.

Probably not helped by people credulously sharing utter nonsense about fees and the brain farts of the likes of Lembit Öpik and Ann Widdecombe.

ITV aren't sanitising Nigel Farage for a big comeback. Farage needs the money and will happily humiliate himself for it - one look on Cameo should make that obvious. ITV get lots of publicity for the show, and a good chance of someone (Grace Dent) rightly calling him out for xenophobia or racism, in a way that'll cause a proper argument - or some other similar moments of candour.

I doubt the noise of Twitter boycotters will actually translate to a drop in ratings.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

The media already reckon Jamie Lynn Spears will be quitting in the first few days

Always amazes me how the producers year after year manage to sign up a couple of people who have literally never even watched the show before (they've only had 21 years to catch up!), I know money does the talking but usually said people are hardly living off beans on toast in their normal life to begin with!

(20-11-2023, 04:06 AM)Johnr Wrote:  The media already reckon Jamie Lynn Spears will be quitting in the first few days

Always amazes me how the producers year after year manage to sign up a couple of people who have literally never even watched the show before (they've only had 21 years to catch up!), I know money does the talking but usually said people are hardly living off beans on toast in their normal life to begin with!
To be fair, Jamie Lynn is based in the US. None of the US adaptations have done well and our version isn’t shown over there.

(20-11-2023, 04:06 AM)Johnr Wrote:  The media already reckon Jamie Lynn Spears will be quitting in the first few days
Based on nothing more than the same 90 minute programme that you saw.
[-] The following 2 users Like Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko, callumwatchestelly

6.95m last night, 2.2m down on last years launch.

I do think regardless of the Farage situation the launch show is so poor - would be much better to get them into camp before the first ad break than spend over an hour on all these challenges (which tend to basically be the same every year) on location.

(20-11-2023, 11:13 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  6.95m last night, 2.2m down on last years launch.
Is the launch show normally 1hr45m long? I thought that it used to be a bit shorter.

Finishing at 10.45pm on a Sunday is very late and not exactly ideal for those who have work (or school) the next day. Sadly I forgot to series record last night on my Manhattan T3R box, which means if I want to catch up I'll need to watch the ITVX ads.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.