I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023

(20-11-2023, 12:53 PM)Jon Wrote:  The star quality of the line up is just so poor compared to last year. Excluding the politicians there was about 3 or 4 bigger names last year.

I think too more than ever people want entertainment to be a break from the news cycle, so political figures or news figures don't appeal.  

As is always the case though it'll be the people they're paying £15k, rather than £1.5m who make for far better TV in the end, even if they are a lesser name.   Indeed so often we see the celeb they pay the big bucks in such shows end up getting voted out first or very early in the process.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, eyeTV

ITV won't be axing I'm A Celeb on those numbers but you have to wonder if the constant rabbiting on about the show being 20 years old last year and then having the all stars edition merely some months ago took some shine away from the show. And like last year, a Masked Singer "special" to promote a new series. Money for old rope in more ways than one.

At least it puts a stop to this expectation, driven by the media and social media, that a politician should go in the jungle every year.

For example how many times have you heard someone or a story say that Boris should go on, or Liz Truss, or any other politician who falls from grace in some way.

They won’t put one in next year and nobody will see it as a casting gap.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

At least with Boris you'd get the fumbling idiot, something that can't be said about Farage.

Ive never been a big fan of I'm a Celeb, but did think I will give it a watch to see Josie, but the cheesey gags from A&D bored me, plus the fake cheers from the crew , then that over the top over acting about somthing in her hair on the dessert track, which wasnt needed by a youtuber who I have no idea who she was, so I switched over.

I think the 'N' thing, well hes marmite and people are going to jump on both sides about that arguement, however him and Josie talking on the track did seem to be the only normal bit of what I saw.

The show has had its day - I dont think A&D have any new ideas left to shock viewers anymore, so holding out on this show.

I'm sure it will be churned out for years to come and the same things will be said about celebs / influencers on it.

(20-11-2023, 12:57 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  I think too more than ever people want entertainment to be a break from the news cycle, so political figures or news figures don't appeal.  

As is always the case though it'll be the people they're paying £15k, rather than £1.5m who make for far better TV in the end, even if they are a lesser name.   Indeed so often we see the celeb they pay the big bucks in such shows end up getting voted out first or very early in the process.
I imagine that if reports of paying £1.5M for Farage are correct then it's probably reduced the budget available to spend on other contestants. Some won't have done it for lower-end fees, and I dare say a few may have declined if they knew (or thought) Farage was already booked.

By contrast Noel Edmunds fee was only £600K with a late arrival into camp. Though perhaps annoyingly for the producers he was the first out, due in part to a poorly planned vote that had a short voting window. I'm sure though for Noel, entering on day 5 and leaving on day 13 it was a nice quick earner.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Brekkie

(20-11-2023, 01:44 PM)Keith Wrote:  I imagine that if reports of paying £1.5M for Farage are correct then it's probably reduced the budget available to spend on other contestants.  Some won't have done it for lower-end fees, and I dare say a few may have declined if they knew (or thought) Farage was already booked.

By contrast Noel Edmunds fee was only £600K with a late arrival into camp. Though perhaps annoyingly for the producers he was the first out, due in part to a poorly planned vote that had a short voting window.  I'm sure though for Noel, entering on day 5 and leaving on day 13 it was a nice quick earner.

Isn't it well-known that the fees posited by the press are often a load of nonsense (and often put out by the celebrities themselves)?

Obviously different for Matt Hancock, who has to publish his amounts as an MP.

(20-11-2023, 01:48 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  Isn't it well-known that the fees posited by the press are often a load of nonsense (and often put out by the celebrities themselves)?

Obviously different for Matt Hancock, who has to publish his amounts as an MP.

It was originally reported (and mentioned on HIGNFY) as ‘up to 1m’

Then for some reason it suddenly increased to 1.5m and that is the one that has stuck
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew's post:
  • bilky asko

(20-11-2023, 01:38 PM)TJTSW Wrote:  The show has had its day - I dont think A&D have any new ideas left to shock viewers anymore, so holding out on this show.
They should ask Noel Edmonds to build them a new set.

(20-11-2023, 02:06 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It was originally reported (and mentioned on HIGNFY) as ‘up to 1m’

Then for some reason it suddenly increased to 1.5m and that is the one that has stuck
I think at that stage he was supposedly in talks and that was the offer on the table at time. It’s possible he waited for more money. It could be something made up by the tabloids or it might be true, either way he’s getting paid an amount of money that would be live changing for most of their viewers.
[-] The following 5 users Like Jon's post:
  • Alessi, callumwatchestelly, orange, scottishtv, TJTSW

They seem to have dropped the drone shots coming out of ad breaks. That was a Wales thing that carried over to last year's Australia series.