I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023

Is it just me, or is the reaction to this year’s series a lot more muted than usual? I’ve seen very little discussion of the show online or in person and apart from This Morning or GMB (which are obviously cross promoting the same channel’s output) it seems to have hardly registered.

It might be that I’m just not in the right circle, but this year’s Big Brother honestly felt more prevalent to me.

I wonder if the Farage booking and reaction has had a negative impact and turned people away? Or if the format itself is on the downturn after so many years…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flux's post:
  • fanoftv

(26-11-2023, 09:10 AM)Flux Wrote:  Is it just me, or is the reaction to this year’s series a lot more muted than usual? I’ve seen very little discussion of the show online or in person and apart from This Morning or GMB (which are obviously cross promoting the same channel’s output) it seems to have hardly registered.

It might be that I’m just not in the right circle, but this year’s Big Brother honestly felt more prevalent to me.

I wonder if the Farage booking and reaction has had a negative impact and turned people away? Or if the format itself is on the downturn after so many years…

Just you sorry.

The story between Nella Rose and Fred was all over social media.
[-] The following 5 users Like Lester's post:
  • itvblocks, Nobby, Pips2022, thomash79, turbolazer

Grace has left the show on medical grounds which is probably for the best as she really wasn't looking too well recently, wonder if she left before or after the trial filming for tonight

Hope Grace is alright.

Danielle and Josie will be doing the trial.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • Toby brown

Hope Grace feels better soon. How many nights did they spend I'm camp as a team of 12 at least they all got through to that stage and no one left to early although Jamie lynn was about too

(26-11-2023, 09:10 AM)Flux Wrote:  Is it just me, or is the reaction to this year’s series a lot more muted than usual? I’ve seen very little discussion of the show online or in person and apart from This Morning or GMB (which are obviously cross promoting the same channel’s output) it seems to have hardly registered.

I would agree - I’ve seen a few bits and pieces but not loads.

I think the format is getting very tired - and they do nothing to change or update it. They could change bits and bobs for a few easy wins but everything is a carbon copy of things they've done before (right down to the sort of food they give them)
Odd as Big Brother still felt fresh, despite it doing what it's always done. I think with Big Brother, by the very nature of the format, there's a sense of unpredictability - anything could happen on Big Brother's whim.

It’s don’t think it’s the format, but they could probably do with some new ideas. It’s the casting, away from Farage it’s a very forgettable line up. If you actively hate Farage there isn’t enough to balance things up, although some of the exchanges with Fred and Nella I’ve seen have been mildly interesting.

The other thing is, it’s still very successful compared to anything else ITV will do and if one series performs beyond expectations you’d expect the next to drop a bit as it can’t keep growing. Particularly with viewing being so fragmented these days.

I don't think it helped this year that they had the All-Stars as well, you can have too much. But yes compared to everything else that ITV show, its still massive. The launch consolidated over 10m and was the biggest show of the week.

(28-11-2023, 10:57 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I don't think it helped this year that they had the All-Stars as well, you can have too much.  But yes compared to everything else that ITV show, it’s still massive. The launch consolidated over 10m and was the biggest show of the week.
Even though the All-Star ratings were massively down on the regular series, the ratings were still really strong compared to almost anything they’d show apart from the main series. Even if the over saturation has caused the main series drop, the couple of weeks that was getting decent figures probably made for any drop overall.