I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2023

The whole thing is stale if I’m honest. They were very lucky to have the format be as evergreen in the ratings as it was - but it’s been the same thing every year for 20 years. The novelty wears off after a while and people eventually get bored of watching someone who was in the charts ten years ago eat a kangaroo anus.

Nearly two weeks in and i don't think its downward turn this series is much to do with Nigel Farage, but more that the show needs a breather.

While it still brings in viewers and catch up more than anything else ITV currently has on air at the moment, i wouldn't flog it to death, which is sadly common in TV.

Yeah, there's not another show that could replace IAC in all its numbers, right away at least, but ITV have managed to survive without The X Factor which was getting 6m in the end.

(30-11-2023, 05:54 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  So it'd be called I'm Not A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here?

I’m A Civilian… Get Me Out of Here

(30-11-2023, 10:39 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I’m A Civilian… Get Me Out of Here

You know what, i might just pop the suggestion on the jungle club aftershow tonight.

Although it's ratings are tiny in comparison have to wonder if three weeks of I'm a Celeb immediately off the back of six weeks of Big Brotger hurts it too.

(30-11-2023, 10:39 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I’m A Civilian… Get Me Out of Here

I'm a Normal Human... Get Me Out of Here

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

Realistically, if they were to do a civilian series , it would probably take place in wales in order to cut travel costs, because it would naturally be on a smaller scale than the regular series, and anyways, i would love to see a return to the castle. Or they could do 2 series of i'm a celebrity each year, with a spring series in wales, and a winter series in Australia.

(01-12-2023, 02:36 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Although it's ratings are tiny in comparison have to wonder if three weeks of I'm a Celeb immediately off the back of six weeks of Big Brotger hurts it too.
I think for me it's been quite hard going from one nightly show straight into another. It can feel like a real effort to sit down and watch I'm a Celeb (especially with some of the extended run-times).

Additionally, I only started watching it regularly last year, but even I'm already bored with the same sort of trials and other elements repeating themselves.

The obvious answer is clearly "stop watching", but that's easier said than done  Big Grin

I think I'm a Celebrity is still capable of being strong winter TV, but it does feel like it's become stuck in the same routine over the last several years. They have become so reliant on the same elements repeating themselves - the tall building and skydives in the opener, the tasks, Celebrity Cyclone - it's now rather formulaic and predictable. It could do with something fresh, even if it means resting some of the more 'iconic' elements for a while. I don't know if it's just nostalgia, but I could swear the show used to make more tweaks from year to year... Why do they now essentially repeat the same premiere every year?