UKTV to become 'U'

(01-12-2023, 11:02 AM)JMT1985 Wrote:  Can someone explain to me is UKTV Play simply a platform for streaming their content from their free to air channels?

If so then this means programming from GOLD and their other pay channels are not available to stream online?

Are you including Sky Stream in the online Streaming Question? If so, I have Sky Stream and I have both channels.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveRW's post:
  • interestednovice

I think they're available through NOW.

Gold and Alibi are both available to stream via Now, as well as a selection of on demand programming from both. Nothing from Eden though, not sure why - I'd say it's too close to Sky Nature but then the same argument could be made of Alibi and Sky Witness/Crime.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

I meant GOLD is not streamed on UKTV Play - the UKTV streaming service which seems to be only for their free to air channels content.

UKTV Play is a confusing outlet.

The majority of users have the app which provides an ad funded selection of VOD from UKTV's FTA channels which are Drama, Yesterday, W and Dave.

On Sky, UKTV Play is the brand used for the four channels mentioned and Eden which is part of the main Sky platform rather than a separate app. Gold and Alibi have their own VOD sections which is the same on NOW which is also part of their own catch-up rather than the main UKTV Play app.

The clock is surely running out on the viability of UKTV's pay channels anyway. How much value are they really adding for Sky subscribers nowadays?

chatps.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes WillPS's post:
  • Superman1986

(19-01-2024, 11:35 PM)WillPS Wrote:  The clock is surely running out on the viability of UKTV's pay channels anyway. How much value are they really adding for Sky subscribers nowadays?

A ton of classic BBC Studios content on catch-up for starters.

Eden is the one I think will either close or go FTA. It's nowhere as good as it used to be.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • interestednovice, Ma76, Superman1986

(19-01-2024, 11:55 PM)London Lite Wrote:  A ton of classic BBC Studios content on catch-up for starters.

Eden is the one I think will either close or go FTA. It's nowhere as good as it used to be.

A ton is perhaps an exaggeration. Gold's schedule isn't particularly varied, and a good amount of their On Demand content is on iPlayer (and thus available to Sky customers in the UK, on their Sky boxes) anyway.

Perhaps Alibi is a treasure trove.

chatps.com

(19-01-2024, 11:55 PM)London Lite Wrote:  A ton of classic BBC Studios content on catch-up for starters.

Gold & Alibi commission original content, Eden (I don't think) does.

GOLD is known as OFAH1 in our household!
[-] The following 3 users Like SteveRW's post:
  • JMT1985, Ma76, Superman1986