Channel 4 Christmas 2023

I loved the tease of the ident style we never had in the preview of the rebrand but a still shot doesn't work - if they were swiping between scenes or just the generic background it could look much more interesting.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

The gorgeously animated Mog ident is now on air!
www.tvhome.co.uk 
[-] The following 6 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • arbrax, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, fanoftv, Jeff, orange

That works really well - arguably having just the two scenes actually makes it work better rather than harms it. I wonder if there is another version where the outdoor scene is the one that plays out in full?

The presentation though is a bit lacking - just stuck an image of a tree behind the 4 logo rather than adding a bit of frosting or snow to the graphics.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, UTVLifer

(02-12-2023, 01:40 PM)Andrew Wood Wrote:  Box of Baubles ident to launch Channel 4's Christmas presentation

theident.gallery 

Considering how much I really didn't like that jingle when it came out, it's actually really quite nice in that festive form.

A simple street scene for the next ident, fitting in with the underutilised 'box' theme

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, dbl, fanoftv, orange, TVNerd

The green logo finally seems appropriate.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, dbl

I’m not so sure about the baubles ident, but that one’s rather nice. I love the flickering segments of the 4.

But the Mog ident is absolutely superb. That’s what a Christmas ident should be – a festive take on the existing package, rather than a logo slapped on something that could be used on any channel. It also makes me hopeful that we’ll see a few more variations on the current Channel 4 ident style in future.

Yes that's how do you a proper Christmas programme related ident with the channel identity / logo fully immersed within the ident.

The recent BBC One idents have never achieved that so just become footage with the text logo slapped on. The best idents were when they had the recognisable '1' symbol.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Jeff, Spencer

Really happy with these. They look great and have brought the whole package more to life, and it all feels super Channel 4. The tree backdrop in the presentation is also a nice touch - I get the points about the graphics lacking a little bit I do think this is just the right amount and I assume they might customise this with different backdrops too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes orange's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(02-12-2023, 02:42 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  The gorgeously animated Mog ident is now on air!
www.tvhome.co.uk 
In a year where the other sides aren't really trying as hard with their Christmas idents, this is brilliant.