CBBC/Newsround Moving

CBBC & Newsround are on the move at Salford.

x.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like watchingtv's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, callumwatchestelly, London Lite, Ma76, Reith85

(03-12-2023, 06:15 PM)watchingtv Wrote:  CBBC & Newsround are on the move at Salford.

x.com 
I'm not sure on the size of HQ5, but do I dare suggest this has something to do with the recent move announced for the 1?

Newsround deserves a bigger BBC News-style set, but I doubt they'll ever get one as it's likely gonna be a smaller set for both CBBC and Newsround.

Newsround is broadcast from Bridge House is it not? The BBC is leaving that building and consolidating into the other two buildings at MediaCity, so I'd assume the new studio will either be in the same building as Sport/Breakfast/NWT or nextdoor in Dock10 (where Blue Peter comes from).

www.placenorthwest.co.uk 

Quote:Citing the rise of hybrid working and net zero commitments, the media broadcaster said it would leave the 100,000 sq ft Salford building by spring 2024.

(03-12-2023, 08:36 PM)warbler Wrote:  Newsround is broadcast from Bridge House is it not? The BBC is leaving that building and consolidating into the other two buildings at MediaCity, so I'd assume the new studio will either be in the same building as Sport/Breakfast/NWT or nextdoor in Dock10 (where Blue Peter comes from).

www.placenorthwest.co.uk 

CBBC pres and Newsround currently share HQ5 in the main The Studios/Dock10 building - I don’t think there’s ever been any TV studios in Bridge House
[-] The following 4 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, London Lite, Ma76

(03-12-2023, 06:39 PM)lepeterrr Wrote:  I'm not sure on the size of HQ5, but do I dare suggest this has something to do with the recent move announced for the 1?

These are the current specifications of the studio, don't see why the whole studio could be used for a space.

www.dock10.co.uk 
Web Image

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Josh's post:
  • lepeterrr

I never post here but I think it'll be good to see CBBC and Newsround have a set redesign as they've been the same set for years, maybe they were waiting for them to move out to make a new set?

I wonder if Newsround is moving to an old repurposed BBC Breakfast set?

Correction: Don't see why the whole studio *couldn't* be used for the new news studio.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(03-12-2023, 08:36 PM)warbler Wrote:  Newsround is broadcast from Bridge House is it not? The BBC is leaving that building and consolidating into the other two buildings at MediaCity, so I'd assume the new studio will either be in the same building as Sport/Breakfast/NWT or nextdoor in Dock10 (where Blue Peter comes from).

www.placenorthwest.co.uk 
I did wonder whether they could potentially use either the old Breakfast/NWT studio once it had been refitted, or even NWT's current breakfast opt studio (if NWT moved into their main studio). I believe these days Newsround is only on once a day around 7.45am. Personally I'd have thought their current space more than met their needs, with the sets being on either side to avoid needing an additional studio.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.