Morning Live

As part of BBC One's daytime schedule rejig in 2024, Morning Live will be extended by 30 minutes a day, running from 9:30 to 10:45

There are changes to the presenting line-up too, with Helen Skelton and Michelle Ackerley joining the line-up full time

From the press release - From January 2nd 2024, Helen Skelton and Michelle Ackerley will become permanent presenters on the show, alternating alongside Gethin Jones every Monday to Wednesday. Gethin will continue to present four to five shows a week. Kym Marsh will present on Thursdays, and a host of brilliant guest presenters including Sara Cox, Kimberley Walsh, Gaby Roslin and Rav Wilding will continue to co-host regularly too.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • Michael 18

I'm guessing this confirms that BBC Breakfast's extension is also from the very beginning of January? Unless I'd missed that being confirmed elsewhere...

So with BBC Breakfast taking an extra 15 minutes and Morning Live 30 minutes, they're basically removing one of the 45 minute shows from the morning block?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Morning Live has more presenters than This Morning! The extension is warranted as it does do well and 45 minutes isn't really enough for the format.
[-] The following 2 users Like XIII's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

(04-12-2023, 03:58 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  I'm guessing this confirms that BBC Breakfast's extension is also from the very beginning of January? Unless I'd missed that being confirmed elsewhere...

So with BBC Breakfast taking an extra 15 minutes and Morning Live 30 minutes, they're basically removing one of the 45 minute shows from the morning block?
Have to admit I'm slightly surprised that it's being extended by 30 minutes. That said it probably ticks a lot of boxes, as it's outside of London and presumably quite a few of the pre-recorded pieces/films featured are from indys. It'll be interesting to see if Morning Live will still take an occasional break for the likes of Rip Off Britain. Presumably as well as additional presenters on screen the crew will have also increased slightly, depending on how much their budget has increased by.

I guess by retaining a 30 minute programme in the daytime schedules instead of a 45 minute one it allows it to be reshown later in the year during primetime, without having to re-edit episodes to make a different length version.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(04-12-2023, 04:13 PM)Keith Wrote:  Have to admit I'm slightly surprised that it's being extended by 30 minutes.  That said it probably ticks a lot of boxes, as it's outside of London and presumably quite a few of the pre-recorded pieces/films featured are from indys.  It'll be interesting to see if Morning Live will still take an occasional break for the likes of Rip Off Britain.  Presumably as well as additional presenters on screen the crew will have also increased slightly, depending on how much their budget has increased by.

I guess by retaining a 30 minute programme in the daytime schedules instead of a 45 minute one it allows it to be reshown later in the year during primetime, without having to re-edit episodes to make a different length version.

Plus I guess if it does take a break, they'll need an additional 30 minute series to fill the gap alongside Rip of Britain/Crimewatch Live, if they indeed remain at 45 minutes.

Are Helen and Michelle not permanent already? I see them on the show more often than Kym, Kimberley, Sam or Sara put together….

(04-12-2023, 09:03 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Are Helen and Michelle not permanent already? I see them on the show more often than Kym, Kimberley, Sam or Sara put together….

Kym is barely on it, I think I've seen Gaby Roslin more times than her.
[-] The following 1 user Likes XIII's post:
  • UTVLifer

(04-12-2023, 09:05 PM)XIII Wrote:  Kym is barely on it, I think I've seen Gaby Roslin more times than her.

Waterloo Road has been filming again since September, hence Kym being MIA from Morning Live

(04-12-2023, 09:03 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Are Helen and Michelle not permanent already? I see them on the show more often than Kym, Kimberley, Sam or Sara put together….
Even their new permanent positions seems to just be three days a week between them.   Even with all the chaos at This Morning currently they seem to have less people presenting it.

Not quite sure why they've gone for 75 minutes rather than 60 but perhaps they originally planned for it to air from 10am-11.15am when the initial reports were Breakfast would be extended to 10am.   Cutting Homes Under the Hammer by 15 minutes doesn't make much sense really unless they're able to pass off 45 minute edits of old episodes as new content.