New BBC News Website

images.axios.com 
Web Image

I thought I missed it. But I noticed no one has been talking about the new BBC News Website and the reason is because its only being seen in North America. Its been completely redesigned. ITs been updated for a few months now. The big red bar is gone its more white space and the navigation is in the centre at the top of the page and much smaller. Also it seems like their is less imagery. But maybe that was at the beginning when it was launched.
I didnt realise the UK forumers havent seen it until I looked via my VPN that you all stil have the old BBC News Website. It seems they start with the US first.I guess it will be rolled out to the UK soon. Sorry I dont have any screen shots.

here is an article about it from
AXIOS

www.axios.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • TVFan

I've noticed that recently more pages on the BBC News website had moved to a slightly different (weirder) header, as seen on www.bbc.co.uk . I'm guessing that moving sections to this layout is preparation for the wider revamp of the BBC News website, as those pages look similar to some of the sections shown on that article.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

Before the North American website changed, I notice that Entertainment News was changed first. I thought that something was wrong at first. But then one day, maybe 3 months ago (could be less) everything was changed. That Entertainment News page used to be separate section. Now it is incorporated under CULTURE.

There is less colour and the pictures stand out. But initially there seems to be fewer pictures. Loads and loads of text and white space. But that seemingly has been changed/fixed.

If you've not seen the new BBC News website. It closely resembles the NEW YORK TIMES website. Very airy and spacious. Of course withe exception of the fonts. I assume it hasnt launched in the UK yet.

UK version hasn't changed yet. .com redirects to .co.uk so I can't see it there, but I went to Wayback Machine and now I can see what you're talking about! For comparison:
www.bbc.co.uk 

web.archive.org 
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • interestednovice

It's not BBC News per se, it's the entirety of BBC.com (because BBC.com is not just BBC News, as BBC.co.uk is also not just BBC News):

pressgazette.co.uk 

All / elements of this may or may not be rolled out to the U.K. site in due course.

N.B.; There was a lovely picture of the BBC.com homepage on the linked article, but it appears it's been removed / taken down / broken.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 2410's post:
  • interestednovice

(19-12-2023, 03:42 PM)mouseboy33 Wrote:  If you've not seen the new BBC News website. It closely resembles the NEW YORK TIMES website. Very airy and spacious. Of course withe exception of the fonts. I assume it hasnt launched in the UK yet.

Just taken this screenshot for those that haven’t seen it

BBC.com Home

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

BBC News Home

i.ibb.co 
Web Image

[-] The following 5 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • fanoftv, interestednovice, London Lite, RhysJR, Stuart

Whilst not looking exactly as per the above screenshots, I noticed the BBC News test site is currently accessible, with some differences between the news home pages.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • interestednovice

How do you access the test site? I’ve not used the website much for years back when the app was much better but I’ve popped on this evening as I’m sat on my laptop. When did they change the colour of the news banner across the top? It’s the same colour as the lower thirds. Is bbc news no longer that darker shade (china red is it?).

I don’t if they’ve focus grouped it but the brighter shade really hurts your eyes after a few minutes. Even if you’re not looking directly at it. When I took a look the news home page had a red breaking news square too. It instantly made my eyes hurt

Just a ident loving pres.fan from the East of England 
All spelling mistakes are my own #Dyslexic@Keyboard 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ViridianFan's post:
  • interestednovice

The test site is here (for now): www.test.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes paul_hadley's post:
  • interestednovice