A Question of Sport axed

I imagine Have I Got Sport For You is just the working title but then we had the lazy A Question of Pop/TV and they didn't last long.

(01-03-2024, 06:12 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  I imagine Have I Got Sport For You is just the working title but then we had the lazy A Question of Pop/TV and they didn't last long.

I don’t know. If it’s been pitched and developed as a spin-off, surely they’re hoping the brand recognition helps launch the show. Otherwise it really is just another new sports panel show. I’d say the title is the one thing that’s probably locked in!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flux's post:
  • Brekkie

Isn't HIGSFY likely to be on as a run at a separate time to HIGNFY. The edit is quite intensive given how close to playout it is themed.

Not having to record VT's or have in studio games presumably saves some cost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes m_in_m's post:
  • UTVLifer

I'd imagine it'll be to tie in with a "summer of sport" with Wimbledon, Euro 2024 and the Olympics - though of course in those weeks they'd be few primetime slots for it to air.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

Currently Have I Got News For You airs two series a year, one in the spring, one in the autumn, so this new show could easily be the filler for the summer months, as stated before, and maybe a winter run in January.