Warner Bros. Discovery/Paramount Merger Talks

Can't think of a better place to put it: Sony Pictures and Apollo Global Management (who partially owns Legendary Entertainment and Cox Media Group) seems to be bidding for Paramount.
variety.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Ma76

Paramount Global boss Bob Bakish is to leave with immediate effect.

www.theguardian.com 

CNBC is reporting Skydance and Paramount shareholders have agreed a deal to merge.

www.cnbc.com 

Multiple sources are now reporting the Skydance/Paramount merger talks are no longer happening.

Skydance and Paramount are almost back together again:
variety.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

Merger is finally done and dusted. When the acquisition's done, Ellison will be chairman and CEO, with the return of former NBCU CEO Jeff Shell serving as President. Acquisition completed first half of 2025.

deadline.com 

deadline.com 

deadline.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like Medianext.MX's post:
  • bai4943, bkman1990, RhysJR

I think it's reasonable to suggest that Skydance taking over Paramount should be much better than if Paramount had merged with WBD, as once was being considered/rumoured.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • RhysJR

Do you think they’d look to offload Channel 5 in the longterm? Is it strategic enough for them?

Channel 5 may be doing some offloading of their own soon.

(08-07-2024, 01:29 PM)Keith Wrote:  I think it's reasonable to suggest that Skydance taking over Paramount should be much better than if Paramount had merged with WBD, as once was being considered/rumoured.

Suspect the outcome to largely be the same and viewers and employees to pay the price as they look to nake $2bn worth of cuts.

Remains to be seen what happens with C5 but it's said to have bucked the trend and been profitable in recent years so it might be worth holding on too - but also makes it an attractive proposition to sell too. It's not too intertwined with Paramount really although we'll see if the Pluto/My5 merger goes forward. Milkshake losing access to Nick Jr shows might be the biggest consequence.