Hits Radio Rebrand Rollout

Looks like where I am they've used the bandwidth saved by removing the "Hits Radio UK" from the local multiplex (now redundant) to make GHR stereo. A dire 112kbps joint stereo (vs 80kbps mono before), but still.

(17-04-2024, 10:25 AM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  youtu.be 
The new Hits Radio TV ad is here! I do hope we get local versions for the newly rebranded stations.

Not that inspiring a line up unless they do local versions
twitter.com 

(17-04-2024, 12:40 AM)London Lite Wrote:  The only positive is that some of those stations no longer have the awful YOUR branding with the station name in the middle of it.
Yes, as bad as the Hits Radio branding is, the Scottish heritage stations are really looking even more dated and stale with the YOUR logos on their websites and re-skinned apps.

If this slow, steady rebrand is deemed a success in England (and I think they've actually managed it fairly well by going down the 'local varients' route), then it's inevitable that Scotland is next (maybe retaining some different scheduling). I think I would probably welcome it too, some of the old names look and feel even more unloved now.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scottishtv's post:
  • London Lite

The DAB station name had been written in capitals meaning it doesn’t fit on the screen in my car

HITS RADIO W…
Instead of
Hits Radio W Yks

I thought the rebrand would mean the end of the split 'this is Radio City' etc presenter drops that didn't always integrate very well into links. But they're still there, with the presenter saying things like 'this is Hits Radio, live across X'.

It may only be temporary as part of the transition. If I was a presenter, I'd want shot of them as they're a faff - and the new ones don't really do anything a split jingle couldn't.

All the old brands (Pirate, TFM, Viking, Free, etc) are all still on the app and the planetradio website. Bauer really are poor at everything they do. How difficult can it be to remove your old brands. Wave was still live on the app and website for several days after it had been replaced.

(17-04-2024, 12:10 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Looks like where I am they've used the bandwidth saved by removing the "Hits Radio UK" from the local multiplex (now redundant) to make GHR stereo. A dire 112kbps joint stereo (vs 80kbps mono before), but still.

They've replaced Hits Radio UK with Hits Radio Pride in 20 areas.
radiotoday.co.uk 

The remaining captures are now available from the network (plus GHR Cornwall):

1drv.ms 

I kissed a gull and I liked it!

(17-04-2024, 12:35 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Not that inspiring a line up unless they do local versions
twitter.com 
It's a good tagline - they should have leant on it more and had fun with it.

Those TV adverts and the tone of voice are dreadful though. I haven't got a clue what's going on in them nor why I should care, a visual mess.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonny's post:
  • RhysJR, TVFan

(17-04-2024, 09:05 PM)Jonny Wrote:  It's a good tagline - they should have leant on it more and had fun with it.

Those TV adverts and the tone of voice are dreadful though. I haven't got a clue what's going on in them nor why I should care, a visual mess.

I watched the advert on their website this morning, and it doesn't promote the radio station really. Even Global's adverts for Smooth, Heart and Capital are better, even the GHR advert is better than the mess that is Hits Radio TVC.
[-] The following 2 users Like mixchris's post:
  • DeMarkay, London Lite