Hits Radio Rebrand Rollout

I imagine that’s the compromise that will be reached, but I doubt they want the frequency on the sign at all. For the target audience they want them using the “Rayo” app that’s launching soon.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

It appears that the London feed of Hits Radio has ceased broadcasting on DAB...

I kissed a gull and I liked it!

(18-04-2024, 02:04 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I imagine that’s the compromise that will be reached, but I doubt they want the frequency on the sign at all. For the target audience they want them using the “Rayo” app that’s launching soon.
Would be surprised if it's not replaced with an LED wraparound screen that can display anything?
[-] The following 2 users Like Jonny's post:
  • Spencer, VMPhil

(18-04-2024, 03:49 PM)Jonny Wrote:  Would be surprised if it's not replaced with an LED wraparound screen that can display anything?

Good point, they probably will.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

If they want outdoor digital screens, I think there's a company called Global that could help them out... 😆
[-] The following 6 users Like scottishtv's post:
  • AndrewP, BBI45, bilky asko, DeMarkay, DJ Dave, gottago

I listen to Hits Radio this evening on my drive home. I listen to about 20-25mins. There was three songs and a traffic update. The rest was ads. Way over the top. It's as bad as Capital who are now expanding there age to compete with Hits Radio. Going to be interesting to see who wins between Hits Radio and Capital. To be honest I can't wait for Radio 1 Anthems Station to launch. Sooner the better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CATV's post:
  • scottishtv

(18-04-2024, 02:36 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  It appears that the London feed of Hits Radio has ceased broadcasting on DAB...

It moved from London 2 to London 1.

(18-04-2024, 11:09 PM)dvboy Wrote:  It moved from London 2 to London 1.

Alright, fair cop. In my defense, it's very difficult to get either multiplex from rural Derbyshire Big Grin

At the time of my original post, there was nothing listed on Wohnort about London 1. All it said was that it had ceased on London 2.

I kissed a gull and I liked it!

(18-04-2024, 07:17 PM)CATV Wrote:  I listen to Hits Radio this evening on my drive home. I listen to about 20-25mins. There was three songs and a traffic update. The rest was ads. Way over the top. It's as bad as Capital who are now expanding there age to compete with Hits Radio. Going to be interesting to see who wins between Hits Radio and Capital. To be honest I can't wait for Radio 1 Anthems Station to launch. Sooner the better.
The ad clock on the Bauer stations seems to be standard for all their stations. The breaks are all far too long, the TOTH starts at about xx:55 - so there's 8 minutes between songs

Problem is that Global's clock is virtually the same, the ads come on and you go flicking around and every station on the 'dial' is ads, except for the BBC of course.

(19-04-2024, 09:59 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  The ad clock on the Bauer stations seems to be standard for all their stations. The breaks are all far too long, the TOTH starts at about xx:55 - so there's 8 minutes between songs

Problem is that Global's clock is virtually the same, the ads come on and you go flicking around and every station on the 'dial' is ads, except for the BBC of course.
It's for this reason I stopped listening to the Absolute stations once the reduced ads when you sign up for a free account promo ended.

The length, placement and repetition of ads makes the station torturous to listen to over the course of the day.

Global's jukebox stations, like Radio X Classic Rock and Smooth Chill, seem to have one break at the TOTH, making them my go to background stations.