BBC/ITV/Sky Elections Coverage

(16-01-2024, 01:34 AM)XIII Wrote:  A September election would mean Parliament would have to be recalled in mid to late August which seems unlikely.
Plus campaigning during a time when many people are on holiday. Broadcasters included (Senior staff in particular are often absent in August.)

Looks like Sky have had a minor tweek to its 2019 Graphic but overall they also staying the same:

x.com 

I wouldn't be that definitive on final graphics yet. IIRC in 2015, BBC were still using the 2010-style graphics during the extended pre-campaign period, elexagon only launched with the official campaign at the end of March.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sky keep their 2019 look for the LEs in May, if the GE is then later in the year

Is Sky’s current plans work, they’ll provide election coverage from a completely different set from what News viewers have seen from them before.

At least the figures have gone, but the overall design (the Downing Street background) hasn't been upgraded in all that time. Hopefully it's gone or heavily updated/modernised for this year.

x.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, arbrax, matthieu1221, SunburntRock89, thePineapple, UTVLifer

(17-01-2024, 10:33 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  At least the figures have gone, but the overall design (the Downing Street background) hasn't been upgraded in all that time. Hopefully it's gone or heavily updated/modernised for this year.

x.com 

Looking at that clip, all I am thinking of is The Sims!

It looks terrible.

(17-01-2024, 10:33 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  At least the figures have gone, but the overall design (the Downing Street background) hasn't been upgraded in all that time. Hopefully it's gone or heavily updated/modernised for this year.

x.com 

Thank you for reminding me of what truly was, quality telly

youtu.be 
[-] The following 8 users Like arbrax's post:
  • AndrewP, interestednovice, matthieu1221, Michael Wotton, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, SunburntRock89, UTVLifer

Slightly off-topic, but I stumbled across this the other day and thought I'd share it - quite possibly the BBC's worst ever election presentation, from the 1996 US election.

youtu.be 

I remember recording a rotating selection of CNN, BBC and CBS (on Sky News) coverage that night, and regretting the amount of BBC coverage I ended up with the next day, when the other two had far more exciting presentation.

(19-01-2024, 10:39 PM)mark Wrote:  Slightly off-topic, but I stumbled across this the other day and thought I'd share it - quite possibly the BBC's worst ever election presentation, from the 1996 US election.

youtu.be 

I remember recording a rotating selection of CNN, BBC and CBS (on Sky News) coverage that night, and regretting the amount of BBC coverage I ended up with the next day, when the other two had far more exciting presentation.

For some reason it reminded me of one of those crazy tv baptist Church channels with that introduction.
[-] The following 3 users Like Former Member 237's post:
  • mouseboy33, Stuart, xlalonce