King Charles Breaking News Coverage

King Charles has been diagnosed with Cancer. ITV News is starting now at 6pm and Channel 5 News is extended. There was an embargo for a 6pm news report.

x.com 

x.com 
[-] The following 4 users Like TMD_24's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, Superman1986, UTVLifer

No opening pres on the BBC News at Six and straight to Jane Hill with this breaking story.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Superman1986

I had a feeling something was going on when there was no regional news preview after The Chase finished
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, Yorksman

ITV News is on early with the breaking news coverage.

(05-02-2024, 07:03 PM)Rolling News Wrote:  No opening pres on the BBC News at Six and straight to Jane Hill with this breaking story.

It made it feel very important and serious having no intro. I thought the worse for a moment when Jane said Buckingham Palace.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chud's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, chrisherald, Superman1986

ITV Regional News looks to be cancelled tonight. ITV Evening News scheduled on the EPG right the way through to 19:30.
[-] The following 2 users Like RDJ's post:
  • bkman1990, Toby brown

I feared the worse when on ITV1, it cut straight to Mary.

I wonder how much notice was given, as Chris Ship is on the phone for ITV, rather than in the studio or outside a royal building?

Around a 20 minute notice for TV Zone to notice something below
x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • chrisherald

(05-02-2024, 07:07 PM)Yorksman Wrote:  I feared the worse when on ITV1, it cut straight to Mary.

Her voice is very shaky when delivering the original news and even now talking to Chris Ship.

(05-02-2024, 07:05 PM)Chud Wrote:  It made it feel very important and serious having no intro. I thought the worse for a moment when Jane said Buckingham Palace.
Well, he's not dead - but it's still serious. How early did they catch the cancer?
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986