S4C Programming

The first new look Heno is now available on iPlayer and S4C Clic.
New theme tune and a nice warmer colour scheme of orange, blue and purple for the titles, graphics and set. It's a lot fresher looking than the previous set and titles. Same goes for Prynhawn Da too.
www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • BroadcastWales

(22-04-2024, 08:24 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  The first new look Heno is now available on iPlayer and S4C Clic.
New theme tune and a nice warmer colour scheme of orange, blue and purple for the titles, graphics and set. It's a lot fresher looking than the previous set and titles. Same goes for Prynhawn Da too.
www.bbc.co.uk 

Very catchy theme tune and a lovely new look. Fair play both programmes are looking good.

I think it’s a smart move to give each show its own unique look. Heno should be the flagship programme but has been diluted by how interchangeable the two shows had become, with the same look and often the same hosts switching back and forth. Hopefully this reset can help both find stronger identities.

The new Heno studio is very nice. Great new colour scheme and a more modern aesthetic which gains from not overlooking a grey Llanelli street. Unfortunately the titles and graphics look like something from the 90s. I think they were aiming for retro, but it really isn’t done well enough and just looks like a cheap mock or CG recreation. I wouldn’t say those elements are an improvement (even though what went before was equally dated in its own way) but the new theme tune certainly is.

In fact, I think the same is true for Prynhawn Da. Nice enough set, cheap looking titles and graphics. The shots of presenters goldfishing in frames looks like something This Morning were doing in the early 2000s. It’s worse that they clearly shot new (faked) footage of the presenters on this set just to insert into the titles instead of taking the opportunity to do something different. It just makes the whole thing look like a bit of a relic when the show itself is actually working hard to feel fresh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flux's post:
  • RhysJR

Agree that is all looking nice and the titles are the weakest part, though are better than they old ones.

What are the odds that both BBC One and S4C last night aired a 7pm topical magazine show co-hosted by an ex-professional football...

Good to hear that Heno presenter (and producer) Angharad Mair is returning to the show tomorrow after a terrifying sounding operation to fix a twisted bowel.

x.com 

newyddion.s4c.cymru 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • London Lite

After previously collaborating with the BBC and Channel 4 to produce bilingual dramas, S4C have announced a new joint production with UKTV channel Alibi.

www.s4c.cymru 

Tonight's episode of Pobol y Cwm has been postponed following yesterday's news events. It will be showed at 8pm next Tuesday.

twitter.com