The TV Gameshow Thread

(25-04-2024, 10:10 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Feels like they show the Brian Conely episode twice as much as others.
It doesn't help when they've had people on two or three times.

Does seem that ITV break for the summer earlier and earlier now - it used to only really be July and August where it would really be noticeable, and even then it used to be more with cheaper summer series (most inevitably being axed after one series) than a complete reliance on repeats.

(25-04-2024, 10:18 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It doesn't help when they've had people on two or three times.

Does seem that ITV break for the summer earlier and earlier now - it used to only really be July and August where it would really be noticeable, and even then it used to be more with cheaper summer series (most inevitably being axed after one series) than a complete reliance on repeats.

It’s not a summer lull, it’s a slight cut back due to the advertising downturn

They were showing repeats of Catchphrase rather than new ones into Saturday Night Takeaway in March

They are holding back quite a few shows, last year in April they had new Family Fortunes at 7pm and Celebrity Chase at 8pm.

There is a new series of Family Fortunes recorded but will be for later in the year I guess. The daytime runs of Deal or No Deal in Sunday primetime is a bit poor though.

To be fair, the ratings DOND were getting in daytime aren’t far off what ITV would be thrilled with in prime time. So there’s no surprise they’re showing it there.

(25-04-2024, 10:10 PM)Hybrid Wrote:  Feels like they show the Brian Conely episode twice as much as others.

Brian Conley has been on it a few times in fairness.

(27-04-2024, 02:17 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Brian Conley has been on it a few times in fairness.
Sure you’re not thinking of Bradley Walsh?
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • bilky asko, Bungo Bill, Hybrid

Channel surfing and just landed on “In with a shout” - is it just me or is this show incomprehensible? Its like Numberwang!

GET FUNKY | BE FUNKY | STAY FUNKY | YO HUSSLE HUSSLE

(27-04-2024, 07:08 PM)Parsons Wrote:  Channel surfing and just landed on “In with a shout” - is it just me or is this show incomprehensible? Its like Numberwang!

You have to say what you see. It can't get much simpler.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko

(27-04-2024, 07:08 PM)Parsons Wrote:  Channel surfing and just landed on “In with a shout” - is it just me or is this show incomprehensible? Its like Numberwang!

I watched this for the first time tonight and found it a tough watch. Joel Dommett is not actually that charismatic as a host. Plus, the fact that you might as well not bother playing the bulk of the game because you can easily overturn a lead just before the final makes it feel like a waste of time.

Alan Carr's Picture Slam was similar though if I remember correctly? But the end product felt a little more charming.

(27-04-2024, 08:09 PM)Isonstine Wrote:  I watched this for the first time tonight and found it a tough watch. Joel Dommett is not actually that charismatic as a host. Plus, the fact that you might as well not bother playing the bulk of the game because you can easily overturn a lead just before the final makes it feel like a waste of time.

Alan Carr's Picture Slam was similar though if I remember correctly? But the end product felt a little more charming.

Picture Slam felt like it was a less polished product. Contestants were constantly having to repeat themselves as the clock was running, and Alan Carr was struggling to keep pace with it. Alan Carr made it watchable by being Alan Carr.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • eyeTV