The TV Gameshow Thread

(05-11-2022, 04:31 PM)XIII Wrote:  Whose Line has been running for a decade so it's done well.

Of course its an older show than that - the original ABC run they managed to get another two seasons out of the original tapings by slapping together unused performances/games from first time round, so that managed to rack up eight seasons worth first timer found and ten or so on the CW?

Sitting on a Fortune and Moneyball to air in 2023.  Undecided

(07-11-2022, 01:43 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Sitting on a Fortune and Moneyball to air in 2023.  Undecided

The perils of skim-reading, saw that as Sitting on a Moneyball Blush
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • AJB39, DE88

The first Who Wants To Be A Millionaire that was shown yesterday on Challenge was 40 minutes due to it combination of Series Four episode 8 and the first 10 minutes of episode 9. Only the second time (excluding the Narrative repeats at 4am and 2pm) this edit has aired on Challenge.

(09-11-2022, 10:19 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  
(09-11-2022, 03:40 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  The first Who Wants To Be A Millionaire that was shown yesterday on Challenge was 40 minutes due to it combination of Series Four episode 8 and the first 10 minutes of episode 9. Only the second time (excluding the Narrative repeats at 4am and 2pm) this edit has aired on Challenge.

Ok?

Just thought it was interesting.

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Applications for Gladiators reboot open. Closing date 1 April 2023. Wonder when it will air?

(15-11-2022, 08:02 PM)tellyblues Wrote:  Applications for Gladiators reboot open. Closing date 1 April 2023. Wonder when it will air?

April 2 Big Grin

Probably looking at Autumn 2023 minimum, maybe early 2024.

I notice from the application form you can apply as a Gladiator. Which is... interesting.

Makes sense. They'll need an all new set of Gladiators to oppose the contenders. Maybe they'll get some guys from Ninja Warrior?

I notice that Netflix have a US version of The Mole, which some with long memories will recall having a couple of UK series on Channel 5 in it's early days.

(15-11-2022, 11:28 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Makes sense. They'll need an all new set of Gladiators to oppose the contenders. Maybe they'll get some guys from Ninja Warrior?

Well of course it works both ways, because the font of all knowledge Wikipedia suggests at least three people who applied as contestants ended up as Gladiators (and of course the original Wolf, Michael Van Wijk, appeared as a team coach in the 2008 revival).

But I'd have thought they'd have an idea of who would make good Gladiators for the most part, as I assume its still a relatively intensive training slog.