The TV Gameshow Thread

What do you mean, "original" Wolf? I didn't know the name had been reused - in the UK anyway?

www.tvzoneuk.com 

Shame.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • benzj

I expect that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is going to be rested for a while?
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Rexogamer

(19-12-2022, 07:31 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I expect that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is going to be rested for a while?

More recordings are currently scheduled for February, and I think there are unaired episodes from the last batch of recordings so it’ll be interesting to see what happens.

Maybe Anita Rani will get the gig, if the WWTBAM spinoff managed to muster up much of an audience?

(19-12-2022, 07:31 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I expect that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire is going to be rested for a while?

I don’t think his ill-advised comments will affect WWTBAM. He didn’t make them on ITV and now he wisely apologized quite quickly. Comparing it to how ITV dealt with Piers’ similar anti-Meghan rant, he didn’t say sorry…but crucially said it on ITV.

I'm not sure it will blow over that quickly. He's getting flack that his statement clarifying his article isn't actually an apology, in the view of many.

Clarkson requested The Sun pull the article after the tweet so clearly he knew he put his foot in it.

(20-12-2022, 06:10 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I'm not sure it will blow over that quickly. He's getting flack that his statement clarifying his article isn't actually an apology, in the view of many.

We're basically rerunning what happened in November 2011 when he said on The One Show in a discussion about Strike action:

"Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?"

In which he also retracted very quickly.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(20-12-2022, 02:48 PM)Happy2001 Wrote:  
(20-12-2022, 06:10 AM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  I'm not sure it will blow over that quickly. He's getting flack that his statement clarifying his article isn't actually an apology, in the view of many.

We're basically rerunning what happened in November 2011 when he said on The One Show in a discussion about Strike action:

"Frankly, I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families. I mean, how dare they go on strike when they have these gilt-edged pensions that are going to be guaranteed while the rest of us have to work for a living?"

In which he also retracted very quickly.

www.bbc.co.uk 
Honestly, his comments about Meghan Markles seems quite tame in comparison.