The Traitors

Maybe the missions would be more interesting if there was a counter-aim for the Traitors to perhaps sabotage them for some other benefit in the game. There is certainly something more that could be done there.

I did prefer the awarding of the shields last year. Not sure it really works as well when part of the mission and when everyone knows in advance who has it.

(19-01-2024, 09:24 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  Maybe the missions would be more interesting if there was a counter-aim for the Traitors to perhaps sabotage them for some other benefit in the game. There is certainly something more that could be done there.

I did prefer the awarding of the shields last year. Not sure it really works as well when part of the mission and when everyone knows in advance who has it.

The Traitors successfully sabotaging a game could also add money to the pot which the Traitors are aware of but not the Faithful,

I’ve toyed with that idea in my head too, but I think it just wouldn’t work very well because it’d be too obvious who the traitors were?

Look at tonight’s episode, the shield couldn’t even be grabbed without 1 other person seeing who’d got it

(19-01-2024, 09:33 PM)XIII Wrote:  The Traitors successfully sabotaging a game could also add money to the pot which the Traitors are aware of but not the Faithful,
I do think they've avoided that to avoid potential copyright issues with The Mole.

There are options though - I think they're beginning to toy with more ideas of how to ensure the traitors don't get too easy a ride. I do think there should be the option to use the Shield for Banishment instead of murder (in the first Aussie series it protected from both) so that there is potential for the traitors to make a move that exposes themselves.

(19-01-2024, 09:33 PM)XIII Wrote:  The Traitors successfully sabotaging a game could also add money to the pot which the Traitors are aware of but not the Faithful,

This is reminding me of the old CBBC show Trapped!.

youtu.be 

I've seen there's been a bit of discussion in the gameshow thread but I was surprised to see it didn't have its own thread yet

The BBC have put out a press release today on the success of The Traitors S2, which includes the remarkable line that over half of its viewing figures coming from iPlayer

"The multi-award winning reality format was already a breakout hit since its launch at the end of 2022, and the second series has seen phenomenal growth on BBC iPlayer in its first three weeks. With over 50% of viewing from BBC iPlayer, it’s more than doubled series one and that’s before the unmissable finale week of episodes have even landed."

www.bbc.co.uk 

Plus S3 had already been commissioned last autumn before S2 begun airing.
[-] The following 2 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Brekkie, Reith85

You’d imagine other broadcasters would be sniffing around.

I tried watching the first series but the first episode was a bit drawn out, so gave up early on. Then people started raving about it, so would have watched it again. But the winners were all over the media which I thought was a bit too much of a spoiler.

So I watched a few episodes of the US version when it came into iPlayer, but American people have too much of different personality style for me to enjoy watching.

Anyway after reading Brekkie’s recent post, I’ve caught up with this series and quite enjoyed it. I don’t think it’s one of the best programmes ever as people make out but it’s enjoyable.

It’s good for binge watching, but one of the issues with it being so popular it’s quite hard to avoid spoilers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • UTVLifer

(24-01-2024, 07:13 PM)Jon Wrote:  You’d imagine other broadcasters would be sniffing around.

They have been, but they can't copy the format so are trying to work the treachery angle into other shows in different ways. I'm not sure they will succeed because there's a fine line between deceit and backstabbing and standalone quiz shows where the intent of some people is clear as money has to be won at the end of every episode instead of something long drawn out like The Traitors is perhaps not the best way to go as it becomes repetitive and predictable very quickly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes tellyblues's post:
  • UTVLifer

Uncloaked will have a 40 minute reunion special on BBC Two Friday straight after the 70-minute final episode has aired

x.com 

Do we know if there’s an American version coming to BBC again when this is over?