The Traitors

Believe the US series, currently airing, will become available on iPlayer as a boxset once it has finished in the Spring (as they're only doing an episode a week)
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • UTVLifer

(24-01-2024, 08:25 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  Uncloaked will have a 40 minute reunion special on BBC Two Friday straight after the 70-minute final episode has aired

x.com 

Digital Spy are claiming this only features the finalists.

www.digitalspy.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

News on the international versions coming to iPlayer - S2 of The Traitors Australia launches Friday night on BBC Three, whilst the US and NZ versions will be coming later in the year

x.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like UTVLifer's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, Reith85

Despite what I said, I think the last couple of episodes have been very predictable and a bit lacking in any twists. And it doesn’t seem as if the final is going to be any different.

I was not expecting Ross to go as quickly as he did yesterday, but with Jaz still in, I don't think it'll be smooth sailing for Harry and Andrew tomorrow night

I think allowing another recruitment in Ross was a strange move. It’s thrown the dynamic slightly.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • UTVLifer

(25-01-2024, 11:19 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think allowing another recruitment in Ross was a strange move. It’s thrown the dynamic slightly.

I guess because the rule all along has been that they have the choice to recruit when they are down to 2, they left it up to them to decide?

I wonder what happens if there are 2 traitors and 1 is banished at the round table, is the remaining traitor forced to recruit? Because if they don’t & they’re out the next day… surely the game is over?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ash101's post:
  • UTVLifer

Is it bad that I want The Traitors to win? I wouldn't mind if the Faithfuls win this time but it would more satisfying if a Traitor or Traitors succeed in fooling everyone.

(25-01-2024, 11:19 PM)all new phil Wrote:  I think allowing another recruitment in Ross was a strange move. It’s thrown the dynamic slightly.

That's the big flaw in the format, really. They have to recruit if the number of Traitors gets too low to guarantee a certain duration for the series. This year has really suffered from it IMO - any "recruited" Traitors never feel like proper Traitors. They know they're only there as sacrifices or due to ulterior motives, and that will only get worse in future as contestants have seen what happens with recruits over two series.

I have a feeling they'll need to try a different approach to recruiting or making up the number of Traitors in the next series - if only to avoid new recruits dragging the energy down (ahem, Andrew) since they know full well they're not considered "real" Traitors, and to prevent it slowly becoming a straight white boys' club like it has this year.

(26-01-2024, 01:24 AM)Ash101 Wrote:  I wonder what happens if there are 2 traitors and 1 is banished at the round table, is the remaining traitor forced to recruit? Because if they don’t & they’re out the next day… surely the game is over?

Almost certainly, they won't allow one Traitor to remain until there's only one banishment left. Having said that, it would make an agonising twist to watch if all the contestants in the final were Faithful but still had to banish someone.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Flux's post:
  • orange

As the number of initial Traitors isn't set in stone, you could probably have a day or two where (with a combination of shields and supposed recruitments) you could have a team consisting entirely of Faithful thinking there were still Traitors in the team. Perhaps a unanimous declaration would be required, with the potential penalty of losing everything if wrong.

Also, surely a major part of the casting process is making sure terrible tacticians aren't going to make up the Traitor team.