The Traitors

(26-01-2024, 01:46 PM)Keith Wrote:  I dare say that at the round table between them getting voted for and revealing if they're a faithful/traitor there may be a short break, where someone from the production team reminds them that in their final speech "they must not name others" or similar. There's nothing they can do to stop a traitor voting for another traitor though, which depending on the outcome may hint to others.

This year, they all had to take a Traitor's Oath before Claudia handed them their cloak which included this line "Do you vow to keep the identity of your fellow traitors a secret?"

(26-01-2024, 02:08 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  This year, they all had to take a Traitor's Oath before Claudia handed them their cloak which included this line "Do you vow to keep the identity of your fellow traitors a secret?"

Yeah, but that is showmanship and nothing to do with how the production of a show with lots moving parts and real people might pan out.

(26-01-2024, 02:35 PM)Alessi Wrote:  Yeah, but that is showmanship and nothing to do with how the production of a show with lots moving parts and real people might pan out.

And it’s a rather poorly written oath at that…

Just to add to the discussion on Traitors blurting other names out as they exit, I think one of the key things about the show is that every contestant enjoys the game. They indulge in the mystery and being a part of it, and understand that their reveal is just part of the bigger picture. They don’t want to spoil the remaining experience for those still in the game, just like they wouldn’t want it spoiled for themselves.

Of course, there may be some repurcussions in their contracts too.
[-] The following 2 users Like Flux's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

(26-01-2024, 02:46 PM)Flux Wrote:  And it’s a rather poorly written oath at that…

Just to add to the discussion on Traitors blurting other names out as they exit, I think one of the key things about the show is that every contestant enjoys the game. They indulge in the mystery and being a part of it, and understand that their reveal is just part of the bigger picture. They don’t want to spoil the remaining experience for those still in the game, just like they wouldn’t want it spoiled for themselves.

Of course, there may be some repurcussions in their contracts too.

I personally liked the remark of one of the individuals that left in episode 10, if the faithful had thought about the Easter egg they would realise he actually said something significant about those remaining in the game.

I was trying to work out whether the piece on the BBC News at Six last night was essentially an advert for The Traitors, Studio Lambert, or both. It's notable that Studio Lambert have also produced Race Across The World and Squid Games The Challenge, which are similarly high production reality shows. (You could perhaps argue that these are a reality-gameshow hybrid.) A version of the piece is on www.bbc.co.uk .

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(26-01-2024, 02:08 PM)UTVLifer Wrote:  This year, they all had to take a Traitor's Oath before Claudia handed them their cloak which included this line "Do you vow to keep the identity of your fellow traitors a secret?"

They can come very close to it during banishment though it seems. Last series Kieran was directly influential in Wilf's downfall during his banishment with his 'a parting gift' comment during his vote at the last round table. I believe Wilf would have won otherwise.

Hopefully none of that this time around but it's always worth looking at the vote of a banished Traitor particularly towards the end of the series. They missed a trick when Ross voted for Andrew.
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • UTVLifer

(26-01-2024, 11:57 AM)Johnr Wrote:  If you're itcing for a fix of The Mole a wonderful person called Marieke uploads the Dutch version (Wie is de Mol) with full English subtitles to YouTube (actually done manually rather than the rather useless 'auto translate')

www.youtube.com 

S18-S19-S20-Anniversary (former candidates)-S21-S22-S23-S24 (currently airing) are the ones I've watched but there are some other seasons too if you get through all that!

(Just a word of warning S20E10 finale between 26:10 - 26:40 contains MAJOR SPOILERS revealing every previous Mole from every season before that! And obviously the Anniversary season links back to previous candidates although I don't think any were a previous Mole)

De Mol (Belgian version) is even better still, but harder to watch as that TV company aren't as happy with their episodes on YouTube so you either have to follow some sneaky links to alternative file download sites to find the videos with English subtitles or download your own copy of the videos from somewhere without the subtitles and then add them yourself using SRT files that the translators have kindly put together

www.youtube.com 
www.youtube.com 
Ah thank you so much for this! Big Grin I am never going to be able to get any work done ever again.

There are other tells in production too. They don't seem to have moved away from the last person coming down for breakfast being the other potential candidate for murder, but perhaps the idea that they'd have to send down some Traitors last in the second series has enabled them to get away with that.

And it's not always a tell but the order the producers have the voted revealed at the round table can occassionally give a clue as if there is a close vote with a traitor potentially at risk then having another traitor reveal that final vote is perhaps too tempting for the producers.

Geez i would love to some of these Traitors cast members play the Big Brother USA/Canada strategic/game version. They are strategic and planners and it would be fascinating to watch them actually play on the livefeeds.

A couple of things they could do avoid the situation that happened with Ross, of them just brining someone in they know is going go anyway, is to ban the Traitors from voting for new Traitors. They could also knock 10 grand from Traitors potential winnings every time a Traitor is knocked out. So it makes it a more difficult choice for the Traitors to gang up on Traitors.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jon's post:
  • Flux, orange, UTVLifer