Jon Stewart returns as host of The Daily Show (but only once a week)

Whilst never a huge show over here, I'm a bit fascinated by this news. Stewart hosted the show for 16 years and left in 2015. He had made infrequent appearances afterwards on Stephen Colbert's CBS show, and then had his own show on Apple TV+, which he apparently quit due to differences with Apple over the editorial content. Now he's returning as executive producer and host, but only for one night a week. Not a situation I think anyone expected - the closest thing it reminds me of is when Trevor McDonald was persuaded to return to ITN for a short time to present the relaunched News at Ten in 2008.

www.bbc.co.uk 

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 4 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • interestednovice, lookoutwales, paul_hadley, Roger Darthwell

Really excited to see Jon Stewart take the helm of the Daily Show again, even if just part time for a while. He’s second to none at what he does.

I presume it’ll be on Comedy Central here? Do they still show the Daily Show with its current rotation of hosts? Would be great to get it back on at 8:30pm on More4!

Smells of desperation to me. Since Trevor Noah left its been without a permanent host, however that no great lost as the rating were awful by the time he left. The ratings have improved because they have been using Fav of the week presenters so all thier fans will tune in.

This type of programme have become rather preachy in its delivery, Mind you so was Last week tonight ( before 2016 AKA its first 3 series its was a breath of fresh air )

The Series has become more Social media oriented, and click bait, Remind of James Corden show.

I don't believe this series has been screened on Friends Central UK.

It looks like the Jon Stewart episodes will go out on Tuesdays at 11pm on Comedy Central (UK), with the other hosts’ episodes going out at around 3am Wednesday to Friday. Presume they’ll all be on catch-up, would be great if that was before the linear broadcast but who knows!

(12-02-2024, 02:50 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  It looks like the Jon Stewart episodes will go out on Tuesdays at 11pm on Comedy Central (UK), with the other hosts’ episodes going out at around 3am Wednesday to Friday. Presume they’ll all be on catch-up, would be great if that was before the linear broadcast but who knows!

I had spotted this, so it looks like the non-Stewart hosted ones are going out at the same time or close to the same time as in the States and so targeting PVR series link viewers only, but they're going to hold back the Stewart ones until 11pm, so perhaps will promote the linear showing of the Stewart episodes more.

(12-02-2024, 04:31 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  I had spotted this, so it looks like the non-Stewart hosted ones are going out at the same time or close to the same time as in the States and so targeting PVR series link viewers only, but they're going to hold back the Stewart ones until 11pm, so perhaps will promote the linear showing of the Stewart episodes more.

I don’t think that’s right - the non-Stewart ones are on around 5h later than the Stewart ones (relative to US-transmission), not 19h earlier if I’m reading the guide correctly.

(12-02-2024, 04:40 PM)LargelyALurker Wrote:  I don’t think that’s right - the non-Stewart ones are on around 5h later than the Stewart ones (relative to US-transmission), not 19h earlier if I’m reading the guide correctly.

Ah sorry, I misunderstood then.