Sky Sports

Pien Meulensteen is commentating on the EFL Trophy final this afternoon for Sky. According to the EFL press release from the week, she is the first woman to lead commentary for Sky on a men's cup final, though I can't think of any other example on any other UK final broadcast.

Well done to her, I have enjoyed listenning to her commentaries when I get a chance to.

(07-04-2024, 05:53 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Pien Meulensteen is commentating on the EFL Trophy final this afternoon for Sky. According to the EFL press release from the week, she is the first woman to lead commentary for Sky on a men's cup final, though I can't think of any other example on any other UK final broadcast.

Well done to her, I have enjoyed listenning to her commentaries when I get a chance to.

Although not of the same magnitude, also yesterday Vicki Sparks was the lead commentator for 5Live on Rangers v Celtic and probably the first woman to commentate on that fixture likewise to a UK audience.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scratch_Perry's post:
  • Newshound47

(08-04-2024, 01:35 PM)Scratch_Perry Wrote:  Although not of the same magnitude, also yesterday Vicki Sparks was the lead commentator for 5Live on Rangers v Celtic and probably the first woman to commentate on that fixture likewise to a UK audience.

She commentated on Celtic v Rangers earlier this season as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • Scratch_Perry

(08-04-2024, 01:46 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  She commentated on Celtic v Rangers earlier this season as well.

Thanks, wasn't aware that she did an Old Firm game earlier on this season.

Off topic, this reminds me of another BBC Radio Sport correspondent role which has not been replaced. For many years, this fixture was the preserve of Roddy Forsyth to commentate to the whole of the UK as the Scottish football correspondent, but with him retiring last year, it's another post where the previous correspondent has left the role without being replaced, following on from the likes of Cornelius Lysaght (Horse Racing), Mike Costello (Boxing and Athletics) and others, and it was announced last week that Jonathan Agnew will stand down as the cricket correspondent at the end of the summer (though will remain on Test Match Special for the next 4 years).

NOW's day sports passes have increased in price from £11.99 to £14.99.

www.cordbusters.co.uk 

And that's before you add the £6 HD/50fps boost. It was £5 previously.