Sky Sports

Anthony Joshua V Francis Ngannou will be shown on Sky Sports Box Office making it the first AJ fight shown on Sky Sports in the last few years. It will also be shown on DAZN PPV as well.

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

Boxing has become so boring in recent years - just the same crop going round in circles dodging the bigger fights.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly

(19-02-2024, 10:14 AM)Brekkie Wrote:  So nowhere near the Amazon level of coverage.

In terms of replay availability, no. In terms of live coverage since last week there is more, given they have the ATP 250-level tournaments that Amazon didn't have (WTA is the same).

(18-02-2024, 10:30 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Been on newer Roku/Now TV devices, and Apple TV, for years. Good to see it rolling out on more devices tho.

There's more detail on supported devices here: help.nowtv.com #

Got it on my Fire Stick today (may have been sooner but I've been away)
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR

A new PL coverage sponsor in Cinch this weekend, replacing WeBuyAnyCar.com.

And a new type of promo graphic during the match, with a graphic across the whole of the bottom of the screen lengthwise advertising next weekend's 'Big Weekend' (the Sky promo branding people have never been the most creative).

(03-03-2024, 05:25 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  A new PL coverage sponsor in Cinch this weekend, replacing WeBuyAnyCar.com.

And a new type of promo graphic during the match, with a graphic across the whole of the bottom of the screen lengthwise advertising next weekend's 'Big Weekend' (the Sky promo branding people have never been the most creative).

Cinch and WeBuyAnyCar are essentially different parts of the same company.
[-] The following 1 user Likes qwerty123's post:
  • RhysJR

(03-03-2024, 05:30 PM)qwerty123 Wrote:  Cinch and WeBuyAnyCar are essentially different parts of the same company.

I was going to suggest it’s because Micah ‘Big Meeks’ Richards is on the sponsorship for We Buy Any Car and was one of the pundits on Sky for the derby today, but equally I don’t think that’s stopped them in the past. It’s not uncommon for their coverage to have multi sponsors, mostly to get round the gambling sponsorship rules.

When it was Renault that sponsored Super Sunday, they also used Nissan sponsorship in turn, but again those companies are linked.

I noticed yesterday similar graphics appeared during the Huddersfield/Leeds game, but that was more about the push for promotion.

Martin Tyler is the face of Sky's current Premier League title race promo. Nice to see him and Sky are on amicable terms after his departure in the summer.

With Ian Wright as tonight's (excellent) MNF guest, ahead of kick-off Sky had a sponsorship sting for EA FC...voiced by Ian Wright.

(11-03-2024, 09:05 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Martin Tyler is the face of Sky's current Premier League title race promo. Nice to see him and Sky are on amicable terms after his departure in the summer.

With Ian Wright as tonight's (excellent) MNF guest, ahead of kick-off Sky had a sponsorship sting for EA FC...voiced by Ian Wright.

It was good to see Martin back on Sky, and as you say it seemed amicable and it was also acknowledged by Dave Jones. Wrighty doesn’t appear on Sky a lot, but apparently he’s on tonight as he promised Jamie Carragher some time ago that he would appear on MNF. No matter who you support (maybe Spurs) it’s hard to dislike Wrighty. Obviously Carra and Wrighty also do Gary Neville’s Stick to Football podcast, along with Roy Keane and Jill Scott, whilst not Sky Sports outright its sponsored by Sky Bet and often gets clipped on Sky Sports News.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • RhysJR

I really like how they covering the tennis from Indian Wells on Sky Sports Tennis the past few days since the studio coverage was only in use on the first two days.

They have a commentary pair concentrating on the match they are covering in the commentary box, with a continuity commentator keeping an eye on everything else and providing updates during breaks in play - I'm told this is coming from the gallery. Then for the next match the main and continuity commentators swap positions and another co-commentator joins. It means a long day for the commentators but there is always one as a back-up, plus the world feed if needed.

On site presentation is from Wednesday.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dvboy's post:
  • RhysJR

I don't think off-screen presentation/continuity is great. It's cheap. Probably the commentary will remain off-site that is Sky specific but just like the US Open just host the whole thing on-site. Sky's been cutting back so much. I hate now on the golf coverage that they are openly just covering PGA Tour events they are using their own commentary for from the studio with the pundits/Nick Dougherty commentating also and just Rich Beem on-site. Even when Sky expanded their PGA coverage in 2015 the events that was studio based with host commentary, they had a Sky Cart reporter on-site. I know the PGA tour live coverage is better now as it's nearly a full feed so more golf / less holes to cover just a big trend of Sky offtubing, largely masked probably by sustainability. Sky F1 are presenting from the studio the next three GPs.

Even this week at the Players Championship at the golf this week it's a hybrid. Dougherty, Barter, Riley and Beem on-site. McGinley too also working for Golf Channel with Murray, Coltart, Koyack and Davies back in London.