Sky Sports

(15-03-2024, 02:41 PM)KelpiePK93 Wrote:  I don't think off-screen presentation/continuity is great. It's cheap. Probably the commentary will remain off-site that is Sky specific but just like the US Open just host the whole thing on-site. Sky's been cutting back so much. I hate now on the golf coverage that they are openly just covering PGA Tour events they are using their own commentary for from the studio with the pundits/Nick Dougherty commentating also and just Rich Beem on-site. Even when Sky expanded their PGA coverage in 2015 the events that was studio based with host commentary, they had a Sky Cart reporter on-site. I know the PGA tour live coverage is better now as it's nearly a full feed so more golf / less holes to cover just a big trend of Sky offtubing, largely masked probably by sustainability. Sky F1 are presenting from the studio the next three GPs.

Even this week at the Players Championship at the golf this week it's a hybrid. Dougherty, Barter, Riley and Beem on-site. McGinley too also working for Golf Channel with Murray, Coltart, Koyack and Davies back in London.

Davies is on-site as she appeared with Dougherty at the start of today's show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TMD_24's post:
  • KelpiePK93

Mess up on Sky’s Super Rugby coverage this morning- the expected feed of Melbourne Rebels v Queensland Reds was replaced by the women’s game between Western Force v Melbourne Rebels (not sure why the latter club had its men’s and women’s team playing simultaneously?)

Also I see Sky have new titles for the Players - previously they used the normal US Golf titles.

Sky showed a scheduled Super Rugby Women’s game this morning (not a mistake, it was in the schedule, with a men’s game on at the same time on another channel). Hasn’t realised they had the rights but I guess they probably go with the Sanzaar deal? (Although this competition is only tangently connected with Sanzaar - despite the name and shared brand it’s an internal Rugby AU competition with only Australian teams)

New titles for the PGA Tour on Sky Sports this weekend - the old ones must have been one of Sky Sports oldest items of presentation still in use, I’m not sure when they were originally introduced but I think it was around 2010 or so.

(They’re not totally gone either - still in use, with different action clips for the LPGA Tour).

(23-03-2024, 11:54 PM)Rdd Wrote:  New titles for the PGA Tour on Sky Sports this weekend - the old ones must have been one of Sky Sports oldest items of presentation still in use, I’m not sure when they were originally introduced but I think it was around 2010 or so.

(They’re not totally gone either - still in use, with different action clips for the LPGA Tour).

The PGA Tour titles had been in use since early 2015 when they started to expand on-site presence. www.tvnewsroom.co.uk 

While the new titles are good the music is not a patch on the old music.
[-] The following 2 users Like KelpiePK93's post:
  • Rdd, RhysJR

A special split ad break at half-time of Manchester City v. Arsenal. To advertise the new series of 'House of the Dragon' on Sky Atlatnic, Sky Sports Main Event and Premier League aired seperate trailers based on the two teams of the series.

2.6 million viewers for Super Sunday yesterday.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Brekkie, Michael 18

Sky Sports tennis production has improved a lot since January. Watching yesterday, in breaks in matches they jumped around other matches without any continuity, just some indicators on screen of what tournament they were showing, and it worked really well part from a half hour or so when they couldn't seemingly decide which match to settle on.

Unfortunately some improvements on the red button/ Now TV streaming needed. The streams have an end time on them (on Now TV at least) so after that point they disappear off the app/website, and they don't put them on at all if there is only one court that's featured on the main channel, which unfortunately meant that in the last two weeks they have...

Missed the Katie Boulter's first round match in Miami as it started fairly late after rain delays
Missed the women's doubles semi-finals on Thursday completely because there was no red button offering before coverage of the singles started on the main channel, or after it ended
Missed the end of play in Estoril yesterday (feed cut out before play was cancelled for the day)
Missed the start of play on Centre court in Bogota today as they started earlier than planned due to rain yesterday

Also, there has been rain all day so far in Estoril but instead of putting any useful information on the stream for that tournament, they've just got the Sky Sports Tennis logo on there.
[-] The following 2 users Like dvboy's post:
  • AJB39, RhysJR

More issues this week, the Thursday's matches in Bogota went on so late that they disappeared off the Now TV menu hours before they concluded. Thankfully they showed Francesca Jones' match on the main channel which I was suprised by since there was no commentary from the WTA world feed.

Today's they've missed the Bogota doubles final on the red button, because it was postponed from yesterday to be played before the singles.

And although they have put the first round main draw matches from Monte-Carlo on, I don't think they have given it a big enough window so will probably disappear from the menu before they are completed.