Comic Relief 2024: Lenny Henry hosts for final time

Will have to wait to see what it all entails but how is normal people hosting quiz shows unless they're not playing it straight funny?

I imagine it's just a promo device with the missing hosts involved in some Comic Relief stunt.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • bilky asko

It's exactly that, the idea being Comic Relief has 'borrowed' the stars for fundraising. There's a much longer form version of this, with pseudo lookalikes of Jay Blades at the Repair Shop, Alex Jones for the One Show and even a suitably 'ordinary' replacement for Bionic in Gladiators. No actual shows for any of them, just brief, one joke setups in each. A nice idea, a variant on the missing props skits from a few years back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agemame's post:
  • Brekkie

They've announced this year's co-hosts - Sir Lenny Henry will be joined by Joel Dommett, Davina McCall, Paddy McGuiness, Romesh Ranganathan and David Tennant with Maya Jama and Rosie Ramsey

www.bbc.co.uk 

Nice that they have put something after the BBC News, slotted in at 10.40pm a tribute to Lenny and that BBC Two gets a 10pm slot for Comic Relief.

Do you think they’ve got enough presenters? Surely they could have recruited a few more
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, Rolling News, UTVLifer

If I had to predict now, I'd say it'll say it'll be David and Davina headlining in 2025 after Lenny has stepped down this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • DeMarkay

Even if they split the first 3 hours into hour long shifts it's still alot of presenters.

At least they're doing something after the news but Alex Jones an odd choice for host and I'm guessing it's not live. Feels like something that should go out beforehand rather than be the climax of the night.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

Considering the majority of the show is probably going to be standing on stage linking into VTs or throwing to other items, you could just have Lenny, Davina and David present the whole thing
[-] The following 3 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Brekkie, Rolling News, UTVLifer

Sadly reality has often out parodied the mockumentary in its absence.

www.tvzoneuk.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Mort