Comic Relief 2024: Lenny Henry hosts for final time

They've managed to assemble a pretty decent cast for this year's Traitors skit - The Traitors: The Movie

Catherine Tate, Jonathon Bailey, Suranne Jones and Sally Philips are among those taking part. As well as Mollie from S2 as herself

x.com 

How long has this set been in use for - it looked great when it debuted, not so much now.

Seems it does continue live on BBC2 but not sure if the Lenny Henry retrospective after on BBC1 is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • UTVLifer

The audience feel a lot more pumped up than in previous Red Nose nights
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • DeMarkay, UTVLifer

A real treat for fans of the 1997 logo this sketch!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonny's post:
  • DeMarkay

(15-03-2024, 08:03 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  How long has this set been in use for - it looked great when it debuted, not so much now.

Seems it does continue live on BBC2 but not sure if the Lenny Henry retrospective after on BBC1 is.
It's not, it's pre recorded. Not sure when, but it's studio based so presumably earlier today or last night
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Brekkie

The number of hosts is probably way too many, but they are making good use of them.

Probably a good idea to show classic sketches in tribute to Lenny's departure. It's a good idea to hide a deuction of content and budget, and many wouldn't have seen them for a while.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • DeMarkay

I still can’t get used to Red Nose Day being on an even numbered year.
[-] The following 8 users Like Rolling News's post:
  • AndrewP, Brekkie, DE88, DeMarkay, Jonny, RhysJR, Transmission, UTVLifer

The Alan Patridge sketch was so boring, so flat - I also noticed that there is no audience laughter for the comedy bits, I remember even a decade ago, we would hear the audience reaction - now there is just silence in these comedy bits, which makes it feel even more depressing

The lack of content is really there, studio based comedy no longer exists it seems, why bother with a big studio, when you are not going to use the space?

When the celebrities were telling jokes VT was playing, the audio description described Tom Allen as Judge Rinder.
[-] The following 3 users Like Nobby's post:
  • AndrewP, bilky asko, Brekkie

Tom Allen actually had 3 'jokes' to read for that segment and the audience at You're Fired were made to laugh loudly at them several times (I was there!)

TV editing eh!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Johnr's post:
  • Nobby