King Charles Breaking News Coverage

(05-02-2024, 07:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Ridiculous. It's a one minute news report at most.

Really? Wow. I get that you’re probably a republican, but that’s still a ridiculous thing to say. This is a huge story.

Volunteering. It's #GoodForYou!
[-] The following 7 users Like Moz's post:
  • bkman1990, fusionlad, interestednovice, itsrobert, Pips2022, Quantum+83, thomash79

(05-02-2024, 07:25 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  Ridiculous. It's a one minute news report at most.

The head of state’s health news is shorter than the weather report?
[-] The following 11 users Like Chud's post:
  • Alessi, AndrewP, fusionlad, interestednovice, lepeterrr, mouseboy33, Nige, Quantum+83, SlimyTrain, thomash79, UTVLifer

One thing I have to point out SkyNews seems to always stick with one static image over and over. They should have tons of file image to pull . I hate to compare. But CNN is already scroll thru loads of images and they have a live camera outside Buckingham Palace. It also seems the AJE is taking the same live images. Its probably a Reuters camera feed.

EDIT: SkyNews are now scrolling thru images and some footage, but they seem to keep sticking with the same one over and over. . But they seem to be still to the one image of him standing in the doorway. They have been doing that for other breaking stories. They use to be very fast about pulling video and stuff. But now it just seems to be a slower affair these days. Not being critical. Their breaking news coverage just isnt the same from what I remember. I miss their "First For Breaking News" days.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • chrisherald

(05-02-2024, 07:27 PM)VMPhil Wrote:  What is the rolling news coverage for? Were they expecting something even more serious? Genuine question.
Mary is wearing a black outfit whereas on the Headlines on ITVX she’s wearing a grey jacket, so maybe they might have been expecting worse news
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • interestednovice, VMPhil

Sky News will have Sophy Ridge from Westminster and Sarah-Jane Mee outside Buckingham Palace anchor from 7pm.

Read the room. This is a huge story, whether you're a fan of the Royals or not.

Nicholas Witchell in Hong Kong. Was on he holiday?

(05-02-2024, 07:29 PM)Moz Wrote:  Really? Wow. I get that you’re probably a republican, but that’s still a ridiculous thing to say. This is a huge story.
I'm not a republican.

Broadcasters need to be more considerate about how triggering over reporting on cancer diagnosis can be for the millions affected by the diseases year in year out.

(05-02-2024, 07:29 PM)Chud Wrote:  The head of state’s health news is shorter than the weather report?
A weather report contains useful information. Extended coverage heres is not providing additional useful information.

A news report at the top of the hour then it being the lead story on the main bulletin would have covered all there is to this story.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, chrisherald, GMc, Morganeko, strollfan

(05-02-2024, 07:32 PM)fusionlad Wrote:  Read the room. This is a huge story, whether you're a fan of the Royals or not.

It's a big story, but the story broke at 6pm, surely they can still go back to the regional news at 6.30pm, and have another half hour of national news at 7.00.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]
[-] The following 6 users Like VMPhil's post:
  • AndrewP, bkman1990, Brekkie, chrisherald, strollfan, TJTSW

Sophy Ridge and SJM will be Buckingham Palace for Sky News from 7pm

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes UTVLifer's post:
  • Michael 18