King Charles Breaking News Coverage

(05-02-2024, 07:27 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  Agree, there's no reason why they couldn't get ITV regional news on from 7pm at least.

I imagine the prerecorded editions are probably the issue. Could have all regions do pan-regional live editions though, I suppose.
[-] The following 2 users Like Will's post:
  • Brekkie, UTVLifer

GB News handled it well….Dewbs’ normal cold open was just a few seconds and she handed over to Polly Middlehurst who broke the story then went to Cameron Walker, their royal correspondent, outside Buck House.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scrotnig's post:
  • thomash79

The iPlayer guide has yet to update, as currently Look East should be on air.

Will be interesting to see if they cut either the regional news or One Show slightly shorter, or just make up the time between the programmes.

I'm guessing that the Ten will likely get extended tonight.

As a side note the brief roundup of other headlines earlier would make for a better 'Round the UK' filler on the news channel.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • chrisherald, UTVLifer

Lets ensure this thread is kept on discussion around the presentation of the news please. We will be taking a low tolerance on this one.

(05-02-2024, 07:37 PM)Keith Wrote:  The iPlayer guide has yet to update, as currently Look East should be on air.

Will be interesting to see if they cut either the regional news or One Show slightly shorter, or just make up the time between the programmes.
BBC regional news started about five minutes late.

Chris Ship has rushed into the ITV News studio and he's now on with Mary

I'm impressed BBC News still went with regional news, I wonder if they'll continue with other news stories on ITV? I think they should do a shortened bulletin for the regional news though,

ITV go to an ad break at 1845, as was probably scheduled. Their first break since the news broke.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • UTVLifer

News Channel broke away at 6.30 and is now in C with Christian.
BBC One went to local news at about 6.40.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chud's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, interestednovice

I think the BBC got the call right - there's not much more to add at this stage