US - FOX, ESPN & WB unite to create single Streaming Service

(07-02-2024, 07:49 AM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  It sounds a bit anti-competative to have so many sports rights bound up in a single outlet, I'm surprised it seems to be a done deal and not up for some legal challenge. I suppose if they're keeping their linear sport channels for now that means they're still competing and still making the content available elsewhere

NBC and CBS aren't involved, but what sport do they have? I know NBC is the home of the Olympics over there

Aside from the Olympics NBC has a stable of sports even though they shut down their stand alone NBC Sports Channel a few years ago. (Having said that, just this week NBC Launched the NBC Sports FAST Channel, supposedly its not carrying live sports as of right now. Could this be a placerholder channel for something in the future.) They currently hold about 48 rights contracts.

Quote:In 2023, NBC Sports continues to be the home to top-tier properties such as Sunday Night Football, PGA TOUR, USGA, LPGA, Premier League, Notre Dame Football, Big Ten Football, Indy 500, Kentucky Derby, NASCAR, MLB, USFL, Tour de France, the French Open and more.
together.nbcuni.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Stooky Bill

Messages In This Thread