A place to report technical issues, suggest functionality improvements

A solution for the above is being worked. Thank you to Jamesypoo for providing a screen recording to show the issue in real time.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cappuccino's post:
  • Frappé

Can the edit posts function be brought back please?
I'm getting rather frustrated that I can't edit any posts that I've made to correct typos or mistakes.

(08-04-2024, 01:02 PM)Edogawa Ranpo Wrote:  Can the edit posts function be brought back please?
I'm getting rather frustrated that I can't edit any posts that I've made to correct typos or mistakes.

The edit functionality has not been taken away. As detailed in the rules, there is a 15 minute edit window to allow for correcting typos or minor mistakes, or even to delete a post completely, and this same time limit has been in place for a long time. The only place where editing may not always be possible is on moderated posts/threads as they aren't always visible quick enough to edit, however this only affects a small number of posts. There are no current plans to extend this limit as some members have abused longer edit times to disrupt conversations retrospectively or even post outright abusive messages and we have to strike a balance with the tools available. However we are constantly working on the forum code too and if we are able to overcome some of these limits then we will revisit this.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Frappé's post:
  • PatrZDZ

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread