A place to report technical issues, suggest functionality improvements

It would also be good that once you've dismissed it that it doesn't show up again when you later go back to the home page.

(24-02-2024, 10:53 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  It would also be good that once you've dismissed it that it doesn't show up again when you later go back to the home page.
I've located the bug causing this in the original plug-in code and a fix will be applied shortly.

With cinnamon, never chocolate
[-] The following 2 users Like Cappuccino's post:
  • Brekkie, Rob Francis

(24-02-2024, 08:29 AM)Rob Francis Wrote:  I like the "Latest" bar - could a link to the relevant thread be put in somewhere please so we don't have to trawl through pages and pages of discussion to find the relevant post? Smile

Items flagged via that mechanism will not necessarily be covered on the forum already. The message in question was covered partially on the forum and so a link on this occasion to a position in the relevant thread was deemed inappropriate.

The intention is to make more use of the Latest bar, but exclusively for presentation-related items. Links to supporting material/threads will be included as appropriate.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Admin PC's post:
  • Rob Francis

Surely if something is important enough to be highlighted on the banner it merits a thread? Would it not be preferable for the admin/moderator adding the banner to create such a thread and link to it rather than multiple well-meaning members potentially creating duplicate threads in different sections?
[-] The following 3 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Brekkie, Critique, Spencer

Any idea if notifications are likely to work at any point? Wasn’t sure if it was just me but all my settings look to be correct.

(12-03-2024, 09:36 PM)all new phil Wrote:  Any idea if notifications are likely to work at any point? Wasn’t sure if it was just me but all my settings look to be correct.
Can I ask which particular notifications you are expecting that you aren't receiving?

(14-03-2024, 01:53 PM)Cappuccino Wrote:  Can I ask which particular notifications you are expecting that you aren't receiving?

Mainly quote replies to posts and post likes.

There are no options to receive notification for either of these - they are not in the forum software.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Cappuccino's post:
  • Stuart

To be honest I never paid much attention to "Joe Bloggs has liked your post" on the blue place, and I ultimately went out of my way to jump straight in so I didn't have to see them.

Then when I clicked on the home page by accident, I had about twenty notifications about people liking stuff I'd written sometimes a couple of months previously. Its nice to have your ramblings liked but I don't need to be told about it and I always know roughly how many likes I've racked up so I know if something else has been liked.

Quote notifications are a thing on some other forums and they annoy me. I don't really need to know you've quoted me, if I'm that interested in the discussion I'll stick my head back into the thread to be honest.

The only notifications I pay attention to are the "You have a new PM" ones, and everything else I'd just ignore. I even turned off browser/push notifications in Firefox as I hate them. Mobile/push notifications I can tolerate to an extent, as I don't live on my phone.

I would suggest if it ever becomes an option to be notified for quotes and likes, please it be controllable, so if the honourable contributor above wants to be bombarded that's up to them, and I can sit in silence.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Brekkie

For some reason the little red circle next to titles of updated threads isn't appearing for me (macOS Catalina, Google Chrome version 123.0.6312.59).

It appears for a split second on page load but then disappears. I've tried clearing my cache / cookies / hard refresh but nothing makes it reappear making it tricky to spot new posts.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jamesypoo's post:
  • bilky asko

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread