BBC Scotland cancels ‘The Nine’

The BBC Scotland shows probably rate better when they are repeated on BBC1 or BBC2 but we'll never know because that info only gets revealed when ratings are exceptional. Most stuff is suitable and of a quality to be shown elsewhere but it's finding the space for it all. The irony is that shows that air only on BBC Scotland could be more popular and many are not recommissioned because they are seen as too expensive for BBC Scotland.

Would be interesting to compare content commissioned for Scotland vs Wales and NI.

The very last edition of The Edit airs tonight, ahead of Seven Days’ swansong tomorrow.

Any idea of when The Nine is ending? (assuming OFCOM have given their nod to the cuts)

x.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR

(Yesterday, 06:06 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  The very last edition of The Edit airs tonight, ahead of Seven Days’ swansong tomorrow.

Any idea of when The Nine is ending? (assuming OFCOM have given their nod to the cuts)

x.com 

It's still in the schedule until the 9th of May at least (the last day that's on the BBC website's schedules). So the two programmes will not end at the same time.

I presume the studio won't be mothballed? It's still used on The Sunday Show as well.

(Yesterday, 06:16 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  It's still in the schedule until the 9th of May at least (the last day that's on the BBC website's schedules). So the two programmes will not end at the same time.

I presume the studio won't be mothballed? It's still used on The Sunday Show as well.

I imagine they'll just continue to use the studio for the move to seven and weekend bulletins.

(Yesterday, 06:16 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  I presume the studio won't be mothballed? It's still used on The Sunday Show as well.
I think that studio is used when the Six/Ten are on tour, and same for Newsnight.

I imagine whenever the next Scottish elections take place that studio will be used. I can't remember if both that and the level below were used the last time.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • RhysJR

(Yesterday, 06:16 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  It's still in the schedule until the 9th of May at least (the last day that's on the BBC website's schedules). So the two programmes will not end at the same time.

I thought the plan was to axe The Nine, but have a shorter bulletin at 7pm. If so it'll presumably be used for that
[-] The following 3 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Jeff, oscillon, RhysJR