Citytv has ended CityNews standing presentation/newsroom set

(26-03-2024, 04:47 AM)Charles Wrote:  Land acknowledgments before the beginning of a newscast...now *that's* something you won't find in many places.

Yeah they do it before the Oscars in LA and even Big Brother Canada does it on the opening night.

(25-03-2024, 11:22 PM)Edcanada Wrote:  Also interestingly, in Toronto, CBC's local news is now the one presenting the news standing up in the newsroom.

And the presenter Dwight Drummond now at CBC Toronto was a Citytv Videographer for decades for leaving City when they let tons of reporters and anchor go. Even the amazing anchor Ann Mroscowkoski (never can spell her name sorry)

It looks alright, it's basic not stand out-ish and at least it's not virtual, but it is kind of a shame they dropped the anchor-less format, I've liked that idea. CITY didn't do anything amazing with it , but it was a different touch that stands out. CITY was known for standing out , and that was something different. Especially since CFTO is the leading newscast there. Also I liked the old colours better I have a thing for blue and green together anyway, but now all the Toronto newscasts, for example, have the almost the same colours minus CFTO. The new music is better than the old music, though, again nothing is going to be better than "Gonna Fly Now".
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • mouseboy33

Yeah it all looks fine and serviceable. Its not just not City. Bland and corporate looking.