General Bauer Radio Discussion

(28-03-2024, 08:38 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  There’ll be a farewell tribute programme on Wave 105 tonight at 9.40pm, ahead of the switch to GHR with Andy Crane at 10pm.

Here is the final hour of Wave 105. Instead of going into Andy Crane's show, they've gone for an overnight preview with a proper launch at 10am tomorrow.

drive.google.com 

I kissed a gull and I liked it!
[-] The following 4 users Like BBI45's post:
  • AndrewP, GeekyJames, lookoutwales, TVFan

And here is how the official launch sounded.

drive.google.com 

[-] The following 1 user Likes BBI45's post:
  • AndrewP

(29-03-2024, 11:11 AM)BBI45 Wrote:  And here is how the official launch sounded.

drive.google.com 
Thanks for this. Unsurprisingly, the Dawn French launch sequence is the same used for Radio Borders to GHR and Jack FM to GHR (and possibly others?).

As expected, everything is done to a pre-determined formula at GHR - even station switchovers.

I've been listening to GHR for years and never picked up that it's Dawn French doing all those voiceovers...
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • scottishtv, SpacewardAsh

(29-03-2024, 11:59 AM)scottishtv Wrote:  Thanks for this. Unsurprisingly, the Dawn French launch sequence is the same used for Radio Borders to GHR and Jack FM to GHR (and possibly others?).

As expected, everything is done to a pre-determined formula at GHR - even station switchovers.

As I understand it, it has been used for pretty much every station which has been replaced by GHR, such as the (former) AM stations in Scotland. Whereas when there has been a platform change, but the station has carried on, they've carried out a quick switch.

[-] The following 1 user Likes BBI45's post:
  • scottishtv

(29-03-2024, 01:18 PM)James2001 Wrote:  I've been listening to GHR for years and never picked up that it's Dawn French doing all those voiceovers...

Haha, I recognised her straight away the first time I listened and was then surprised to find she doesn't present on the station. I guess they just wanted her as the station voice for some reason.

Mind you, if I ever listen to Absolute Radio Country, I can't help but think Matt Berry sounds like he's taking the proverbial out of the station. His tone just feels rather sarcastic!

(29-03-2024, 02:00 PM)BBI45 Wrote:  As I understand it, it has been used for pretty much every station which has been replaced by GHR
Coincidentally, I just stumbled across the following link which is by the people that made it for GHR and yes, seems it's been around for a while now:

benztown.com 

(29-03-2024, 04:30 PM)scottishtv Wrote:  Mind you, if I ever listen to Absolute Radio Country, I can't help but think Matt Berry sounds like he's taking the proverbial out of the station. His tone just feels rather sarcastic!

Isn't that just how he always sounds no matter what he's doing?
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • scottishtv

How far will Bauer take it? Scottish regional is quite unaffected… with Clyde, forth, west, Tay, north still in place.

And Clyde 1 is SO BIG.

Surely untouchable… or maybe not?

(29-03-2024, 08:56 PM)GraemeT88 Wrote:  How far will Bauer take it? Scottish regional is quite unaffected… with Clyde, forth, west, Tay, north still in place.

And Clyde 1 is SO BIG.

Surely untouchable… or maybe not?

I think the Wave 105 and Pirate FM news shows us anything, nothing is now untouchable.
[-] The following 4 users Like Ash101's post:
  • AndrewP, IanJRedman, SpacewardAsh, Toby brown